Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Do we know....

My best guess would be children, slaves, or maybe even child slaves.

Ahhh....thanks, but do you happen to know what company these slaves work for? Please don't tell me "Drone Slaves Inc."

Last edited:
Most of these companies get workers as they need them. Lots of times there can be a shortage of parts so assemble comes to a stand still. So I would think the turnover is large. Autel Robotics Co., Ltd is a subsidiary of Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd, a company known for producing award winning diagnostic equipment. Autel is an industry leader in automotive diagnostic tools. Seeing the explosive growth of the drone market worldwide, Autel founded Autel Robotics in 2014, whose main goal was to research and develop drones in the aerial photography and other industries.

So maybe try searching under Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd,

This is one the CEO's Linkedin page (Steve Mclrvin)
• Served as the principal product manager for the drone hardware and app software, working with our factory in Shenzhen and building an app team in Seattle, capturing the #2 position for consumer drone market share just 8 months after launch

Steve McIrvin is presently on sabbatical from Autel, so who knows who is running the Seattle group now.

Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd.
China (Guangdong)
Based in Shenzhen, China, Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd. specializes in development and marketing of automotive diagnostic tools. Our R&D team is made up of the most distinguished experts and engineers with years of experience in this industry. Since our foundation, we have been committed to creating maximum long-term value to our customers by providing quality-assured, easy-to-use, cost-effective and innovative products and solutions.

Says nothing about drones.

Reactions: fundy
Good work Old Bama Dude. A search on Alibaba.com will show the manufacturer/s. Just search for autel drone. Would be hard to guess exactly what company Autel or DJI actually get them from though.

Many brands this day and time are made by one big manufacturing plant to the specs of a certain company, I know several different lawnmower brands are made by the same company. I worked on home entertainment electronics stuff for 30 years. When camcorders came out, there were at least four brands that looked strangely the same, all made by the same company. Since DJI is suing Autel you wouldn't think that would be the case. They couldn't sue themselves, could they?:confused:

Last edited:
If Autel is typical of the electronics industry, they've designed the bird and bits themselves, but use contract sub-suppliers to build the various components used. At most, Autel do final assembly and test. Possibly, they never even see them as even assembly may be done elsewhere.

I've personally witnessed what Old Bama Dude mentioned when I toured a Sylvania fluorescent light manufacturing facility as a teenager many years ago. One machine was stomping out Sylvania branded bulbs, the next Westinghouse, and so on...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials