Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DO NOT BUY FROME AUTEL PILOTS (Ao Jia Si Technology Co., Ltd.)

Jim Greipp

Reaction score
I ordered a smart controller and I was being patient because of the chip shortage after ONE YEAR they tell me to still be patient. I have not received so I asked for a refund and they have ignored me since! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 7.22.08 PM.png

so so sorry to here that. looks like they got you real good with that $10 coupon. too bad you didn't visit forum earlier, we could have helped save you some heartache. unsolicited advice: unfortunately you are probably at or past the stage where it is time to contact your credit card and personally, i would ask for a chargeback.

I would first claify with Autel if they are an approved vendor.
Than I would simply go to your bank and dispute the charge , not to hard.

If you find out they are the scam , than Autel should take quick moves on that company .

I have to admit this looks a bit Sketchy , but you need to confirm.

2022-07-04_18h53_57.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Evo 2 in the Rain. Next Day shipping

If you find out they are the scam , than Autel should take quick moves on that company .

View attachment 14457

Phantomrain.org
A little sketchy? Full time scam IMHO

I asked Autel and they verified that autelpilot.com is an authorized reseller. I purchased an Autel EVO Lite from them and received it in a timely manner and had no problems. I later had to have the drone replaced with Autel Care and had no problem with that. I then purchased the Nano Plus from them and also received it in a timely manner. A couple of months later, I had a problem with it and sent it to Autel for repair and they replaced it under warranty, again without any problem. That's been my experience.

View attachment 14457

Phantomrain.org
It is NOT that simple. They are an approved vendor. I have contacted Autel and they do do respond. Of course I went to the credit card company & PayPal. Because I was patient - I believed them when they said there was a chip shortage - they say it is now too late and they can't do anything. "Need to confirm"? I have been sending emails, calling China at all hours and arguing with PayPal.

• Wow
Reactions: phantomrain.org
so so sorry to here that. looks like they got you real good with that $10 coupon. too bad you didn't visit forum earlier, we could have helped save you some heartache. unsolicited advice: unfortunately you are probably at or past the stage where it is time to contact your credit card and personally, i would ask for a chargeback.
It is NOT that simple. They are an approved vendor. I have contacted Autel and they do do respond. Of course I went to the credit card company & PayPal. Because I was patient - I believed them when they said there was a chip shortage - they say it is now too late and they can't do anything. "Need to confirm"? I have been sending emails, calling China at all hours and arguing with PayPal.

I asked Autel and they verified that autelpilot.com is an authorized reseller. I purchased an Autel EVO Lite from them and received it in a timely manner and had no problems. I later had to have the drone replaced with Autel Care and had no problem with that. I then purchased the Nano Plus from them and also received it in a timely manner. A couple of months later, I had a problem with it and sent it to Autel for repair and they replaced it under warranty, again without any problem. That's been my experience.
Prior to this I bought a couple of batteries from - no problems. I thought this transaction would go smoothly. The fact that they ignore emails and phone calls when I ask for a refund makes them fraudulent.

again sorry for your loss jim. i don't know all the details about what is going on with your situation but i do know this: it has been my experience that whomever is at fault, regardless, when the time on the clock runs out, some merchants / providers become real sticklers about complaints, issues, and/or claims. it's one of the oldest tricks in the book, ask the customer to keep waiting and when the time has expired, ghost them. not sure what to tell you but imo, you should avoid them for your next purchase.

Had the same issue with Jake Jones from Maxx UAV from Indianapolis, Indiana. Quit answering my emails, texts and phone calls. I think these guys make so much money at first when they get into the business that when things aren't going their way financially anymore they flake out and quit giving the needed service to keep their businesses afloat. Jake took over six months to answer me and it wasn't until I found out his wife was a big cheese at a local company in Indianapolis before I got ANY action from him. I called her at work and very briefly described what the issue was over the phone. Within a few hours he sent me a message and had my drone controller back in the mail with postal information. If I didn't do this then I would still be waiting for a response from Jake Jones and Maxx UAV.

The only ones I would trust right now is Advexure.com They seem to be the best in my opinion. I ordered my EVO 2 Pro V.2 and my EVO 2 Pro V.2 Smart Controller from them and they DON'T ignore you. They are in California and I am in Ontario, Canada just below Toronto.

Call Autel Robotics in Bothell Washington at 1-844-692-8835 and report what they are doing with your money and neglecting you. They will smarten them up in a hurry if they want to continue to do business with Autel or ignore them too and in that case you money may be also gone. Good luck...........Dale.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I can certainly understand that you are feeling more than a little p*&^ed off.
I waited about 3 months for mine, which it would seem was a long way less time than you have been waiting.
Worth the wait, as far as I was concerned, and I would say I have had only good experiences using it since.

Local consumer law may give you a way to getting a refund, or to put pressure on the supplier to deliver the RC.
I don't own a credit card, so I can't really comment straight off about how supportive they might be with a 'charge back' after this long, but again, local consumer law may help you there, especially if you have the evidence the supplier has a) asked you to be patient - beyond what would otherwise be a reasonable and acceptable time, and b) if you also have records to show the supplier has not responded in a timely manner to your fair and reasonable inquiries about how much longer you could expect to wait for delivery of the RC.

While the supply of the particular chips needed for the V1 Smart Controller might be out of your suppliers control, the loss of goodwill for their business would surely be worth way more than the $10.00 discount that has been offered, with this sort of negative publicity - especially if such publicity revealed others had experienced similar delivery problems - being potentially very damaging.

Lawyering up is always an expensive option, wherever in the world you are, but getting some advice from say a free community based law office may be a good starting point, and might almost certainly be very helpful in identifying what legal redresses you might have.

Happy and safe flying :cool::)👍

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandandan