Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Do any.of you actually like the Nano+?

It seems this sub is full of complaints about autel products. I've never seen so many people crash their consumer drones, FPV quad yes but consumer camera drones. You don't even read this many crashes with people using cheaper quads like Fimi. I want to think some is operator error.
I like my Nano + and have no complaints…

Love my Nano+. The camera image is so much better than dji drones in the same price range. The best feature by far is not having dji looking over your shoulder all the time and telling you where you can or cannot fly. Mark my words - Someday it will be realized that China was running the worlds largest surveillance operation through DJI drones financed entirely by consumers.

Relatively new Nano+ user and thus far I'm very happy with it. I also previously owned an Evo II and it was exceptional. Both drones "just worked" consistently for me. Setup time from unpacking the drone to flying it was fast. The Autel drones quickly connect to the controller and acquire GPS satellites. Photo and video quality is very good.

Tracking is a feature that is over-rated IMO and not often useful for me. I also have a Skydio S2 and it's obstacle avoidance and flight automation is the best available for a consumer drone -- but you still cannot trust it 100% near twigs, thin power lines, and high reflections. It's the drone I use when I'm flying in super challenging obstacle-filled environments or need automation. But it's also very loud, has weak connectivity, is larger/heavier, and a camera that is good but inferior to the Nano+. Given that the Nano+ (and many other consumer drones) lack 360 degree hi-resolution sensors, I think flight automation capabilities will be very limited and/or not entirely trustworthy.

Reactions: trontar
As a nature photographer I really like mine for getting into some tight spots in the forest and the fact that it has probably the best camera in a sub 250 gram drone. I also own an Evo 2 Pro, and an Air 2S -
Here's a test flight I did earlier this year -
Very nice slow panning there. Ease into the turn as gentle as you can. That's how you do it, folks.
Beautiful music selection as well. ✓
[Edit] And around 8:13 the switch from forward to sideways flight with a controlled turn. Well mastered. Watch this one folks.

Last edited:
There were a few hiccups with my Nano+ early on, but they were resolved with updates and it has been very reliable. In windy conditions, it looks like it is jumping around, but the video produced is rock solid.

same here, wondering is it hardware or software issue
The only times that I have had this problem, I found that the Nano+ was not on a level surface when I powered it on and it calibrated. Often it is when I am holding the drone during calibration and then I set it down.

Compared to the Autel Evo, the Nano+ motions are more damped. I can get fine control of camera pitch, and very fine control of yaw. Perhaps you can adjust the stick deflection curve or the rotation speed to better fit your preferences.

You also claimed they would have 'swept the market' by releasing the SDK. I disagree: they released the SDK for Evo 1 and to my knowledge nobody made a single useful thing with it.
Litchi is available on Evo sdk.. Hope nano will be soon.

At quality is killing DJI.
Autel should also add EXP settings for ALL CONTROLS, also would be great to implement same Cruise Control as DJI because is really easy to do it...Also needs a control for sharpness of the camera, I would go a little lower with it...
In rest, all fine....I don't use tracking so I don't give a shxt about it.

I love mine so much I went out specifically and purchased a mini 3 pro for a single job, raws don't have a hint of green tint, how amazing

Enjoying my Nano+ and my lite +, the after-sales service of the store I bought is also good. Answered my questions in a timely manner

I don't mind it at all but should have waited for the holiday season sales for a better deal and a less buggy Sky app. Those that tried it in early 2022 should try it again with the latest FW and smoother sky app software.

I also have the Mini3Pro but take out the Nano just as often

Very happy. And so are my clients (Real Estate, contractors and architects).
Never had any flight or GPS issues. Never had a battery suddenly drop charge.
Only quarrel is those dreadful raw files.

I like my Nano+ so far after 2 months of ownership. Over 50 flights total and probably over 20 flights in some challenging flight conditions including gusty sea breezes and updrafts/downdrafts in canyons reaching 20-25 mph. Recorded video in those conditions looks smooth despite the Nano+ body bouncing around.

Overall the videos and stills are acceptable for my uses although the ability to adjust the sharpness would be greatly appreciated since images and videos appear over-sharpened as many have mentioned. I have used a sub-pixel unsharp mask to tame some images on occasion with good results. In general, more control over the camera features would be great for those of us who want to tinker.

The battery life is ok but an option for an extended life battery would be welcomed as would a battery charger that can charge 4-5 batteries simultaneously at full charge rate. I have 5 batteries now which helps but I just did a trip where I didn't get all my shots in before I started bumping up against waiting for a battery to finish charging before nightfall.

I would really like the ability to send a set of coordinates to the Nano + as others here have mentioned so I can map out property lines and fly specific patterns that I setup ahead of time. The capability is obviously available since the SW already supports the ability to manually change the RTH position through the RC. The ability to upload a limited number of waypoints to have the Nano follow would be very helpful and would still allow Autel to sell their higher-end professional drones to do the more complex missions.

My Nano+ works great. The only issue I have is that shooting panoramas sometimes works and sometimes does not.

Hi, I'm an Autel newbie, having just bought an Evo Nano Plus a couple days ago, which I expect to receive next week.
I already own DJI drones -- the Mini 2, Mini 3 Pro, and Air 2S, all of which I love.

My reasoning for wanting the Evo Nano Plus, were primarily two: (1) On principle, I believe drone manufacturers should not be installing "geofencing" in their drones, because doing so makes them an enforcement arm of government, which I believe is wrong. That Autel doesn't put geofencing in its drones is a strong recommendation to me to buy their products. (2) The Evo Nano Plus had really excellent reviews praising its video quality, and low-light conditions image capture quality. I got the sense its video quality might surpass all my DJI drones. I considered the Evo II 6K Version 2, but was put off by the reviews saying "it flies like a brick."

When I bought my first drone, the DJI Mini 2, I was not aware what geofencing was or that it was installed in DJI drones. I went with DJI because their drones had excellent reviews and seemed to be the standard in the industry. I ended up with more DJI drones because the Mini 2 worked so well, yet I was looking at the Autel drones all along and considering them. I was a bit concerned about the info I read about Autel's poor customer service, but in the end decided to buy the Nano Plus and hope it works out well.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials