Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Do any.of you actually like the Nano+?

I'm happy with mine. Flies about the same as my Mini 2 but with a far better camera. I had a micro SD card issue at first but after swapping a couple out, it was resolved. The current sale price is great.

Looking ahead I decided the sub 250g is a better way to go for recreational flying to avoid the dreaded RID coming up in Sept.

The RID is unlawful, I expect that will be thrown out eventually, if it ever actually goes into effect.
Clear violation of the 4th Amendment of the Constitution.

The RID is unlawful, I expect that will be thrown out eventually, if it ever actually goes into effect.
Clear violation of the 4th Amendment of the Constitution.
I hope you're right. It's something Homeland Security demanded. The FPV guys took it to court and lost but maybe they didn't use the right argument.

Reactions: FreedomFlight
I hope you're right. It's something Homeland Security demanded. The FPV guys took it to court and lost but maybe they didn't use the right argument.
Knowing a bit about the context can help in understanding this: most government agencies, as well as the whole court system, have been corrupted over time. If you look into the Act of 1871 wherein the US was (unlawfully) made into a corporation this can help shine a light on this. As a result of this and other unlawful changes, a great many laws/rules/regulations and statutes that have been passed in the last 150 years are unlawful. These will eventually be tossed out.

Exposure of this corruption has begun to occur and changes will happen, though not overnight.
When we take the stance that we don't simply accept everything "the government" tells us, but try to do some investigation to see what authority the government, federal, state or local, actually has, in line with our Constitution, we find that the government at any level has far less authority than it claims to have. The scaling back of our government to lawful authority is commencing and I expect it will accelerate at some point in time, which I do not expect to be that far off: eg not many years off.

Reactions: Eagle928
Knowing a bit about the context can help in understanding this: most government agencies, as well as the whole court system, have been corrupted over time. If you look into the Act of 1871 wherein the US was (unlawfully) made into a corporation this can help shine a light on this. As a result of this and other unlawful changes, a great many laws/rules/regulations and statutes that have been passed in the last 150 years are unlawful. These will eventually be tossed out.

Exposure of this corruption has begun to occur and changes will happen, though not overnight.
When we take the stance that we don't simply accept everything "the government" tells us, but try to do some investigation to see what authority the government, federal, state or local, actually has, in line with our Constitution, we find that the government at any level has far less authority than it claims to have. The scaling back of our government to lawful authority is commencing and I expect it will accelerate at some point in time, which I do not expect to be that far off: eg not many years off.
Again, I hope you're right. The US gov is out of control. I could expound but this isn't the forum for it.

Reactions: FreedomFlight
Hi all, new to Autel but not to the site.
I've grown to hate the geofencing on my mini 2. Can't even fly out of backyard anymore
Willing to pay the extra money.
I read all the positives
Any negatives worth noting?

Hi all, new to Autel but not to the site.
I've grown to hate the geofencing on my mini 2. Can't even fly out of backyard anymore
Willing to pay the extra money.
I read all the positives
Any negatives worth noting?
does not work with any of the autel smart controllers.

I really like my orange nano+, good to see in the sky.
Videos and pics are great.
Did already an update and it just worked, first try.
Sky App works all the time and after waiting quick for satelits I can take off.

I dont really use the follow me, rocket ect. I didnt buy the drone for that. Just for fly around and take 4k Videos.
Got the Premium Pack for 770 bucks and compare to dji mini pro + fly more kit I saved over 400.

Even I fly 100% legal I really dont like being tracked that way dji does it. That was also a big plus for the Nano drone.

I really like my orange nano+, good to see in the sky.
Videos and pics are great.
Did already an update and it just worked, first try.
Sky App works all the time and after waiting quick for satelits I can take off.

I dont really use the follow me, rocket ect. I didnt buy the drone for that. Just for fly around and take 4k Videos.
Got the Premium Pack for 770 bucks and compare to dji mini pro + fly more kit I saved over 400.

Even I fly 100% legal I really dont like being tracked that way dji does it. That was also a big plus for the Nano drone.
I've even considered buying a second Nano+ at the current prices just because it's that good. Of all my 5 drones (E2P, Air2s, Mini 2 and 3p) I like the image quality of the Nano+ the best. The fact that it's RID exempt is a huge plus in my book.

So you convinced me to buy a nano +
Going back to DJI and finding a legit company how do you know other than buying from the manufacturer?
These ebay sellers have autel in the name
Looks like a great deal with 3 batteries for $565
There's another one less expensive but looks like a pawn shop seller

Most of the big ebay shops with autel sounding names are Autel distributors in China so they can undercut local dealers but this way there is less local support if things go sideways, warranty will still apply though.

Reactions: Eagle928 and Ms.UAV
what does that mean?
sorry i thought i was answering the questions "any negatives about the nano drone?" i have nano and the biggest reason i fly it much less than i should is because it requires the remote controller and my mobile phone and there is no smart controller option like there is with almost all of my other drones. only recently i started using the tripltek tablet so that helps.

I have been very happy with the Nano +. The video is so much cleaner and better than the Mini 3 Pro. I too ran into issues flying being be small airports, fields that are part time use airfields for skydivers. Sucks that DJI grounds those areas but it does here. Nano + flies nicely for me. I also use my phone S22 to fly and it's brighter than the cheaper Smart Controller. I have no need or desire to spend money on a SC to fly a small Nano drone or any mini drone. Using a phone, other monitor like Tripltek or the one the guy sells at Lifthor are great if you have more than one drone. I just don't see any sense in paying for a SC that costs what the drone does. Not when my phone works as well.

Reactions: ccadden and Ms.UAV
sorry i thought i was answering the questions "any negatives about the nano drone?" i have nano and the biggest reason i fly it much less than i should is because it requires the remote controller and my mobile phone and there is no smart controller option like there is with almost all of my other drones. only recently i started using the tripltek tablet so that helps.
Your answer was very vague. Thanks for clearing it up

I have been very happy with the Nano +. The video is so much cleaner and better than the Mini 3 Pro. I too ran into issues flying being be small airports, fields that are part time use airfields for skydivers. Sucks that DJI grounds those areas but it does here. Nano + flies nicely for me. I also use my phone S22 to fly and it's brighter than the cheaper Smart Controller. I have no need or desire to spend money on a SC to fly a small Nano drone or any mini drone. Using a phone, other monitor like Tripltek or the one the guy sells at Lifthor are great if you have more than one drone. I just don't see any sense in paying for a SC that costs what the drone does. Not when my phone works as well.
That's the info I'm looking for. Good explanation too.
I just looked up the smart controller
I'm not looking to get into the hobby for that kind of money again.
The camera gets better grades than the mini 2.
I don't mind confirming my actions in order to fly. The problem is when you have to unlock a geo zone and you have limited internet or the unlock only lasts for a few days and then you have to do it again.
I've been flying since the first DJI P1 and amazes me the technology today.

I have two Nano+ drones. They bounce around in the wind, but the video is rock solid. Nice quality video and still images. The Sky app sometimes has some hiccups though, but still maintains control.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller