Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Do any.of you actually like the Nano+?

Lowrider

Reaction score
I have been really happy with mine. Quality videos and photos.
No complaints here.

tonywise2000

Reaction score
It seems this sub is full of complaints about autel products. I've never seen so many people crash their consumer drones, FPV quad yes but consumer camera drones. You don't even read this many crashes with people using cheaper quads like Fimi. I want to think some is operator error.
I like my Nano + and have no complaints…

DeadFan

Reaction score
Love my Nano+. The camera image is so much better than dji drones in the same price range. The best feature by far is not having dji looking over your shoulder all the time and telling you where you can or cannot fly. Mark my words - Someday it will be realized that China was running the worlds largest surveillance operation through DJI drones financed entirely by consumers.

geekdaddy

Reaction score
Relatively new Nano+ user and thus far I'm very happy with it. I also previously owned an Evo II and it was exceptional. Both drones "just worked" consistently for me. Setup time from unpacking the drone to flying it was fast. The Autel drones quickly connect to the controller and acquire GPS satellites. Photo and video quality is very good.

Tracking is a feature that is over-rated IMO and not often useful for me. I also have a Skydio S2 and it's obstacle avoidance and flight automation is the best available for a consumer drone -- but you still cannot trust it 100% near twigs, thin power lines, and high reflections. It's the drone I use when I'm flying in super challenging obstacle-filled environments or need automation. But it's also very loud, has weak connectivity, is larger/heavier, and a camera that is good but inferior to the Nano+. Given that the Nano+ (and many other consumer drones) lack 360 degree hi-resolution sensors, I think flight automation capabilities will be very limited and/or not entirely trustworthy.

Reactions: trontar

trontar

Reaction score
As a nature photographer I really like mine for getting into some tight spots in the forest and the fact that it has probably the best camera in a sub 250 gram drone. I also own an Evo 2 Pro, and an Air 2S -
Here's a test flight I did earlier this year -
Very nice slow panning there. Ease into the turn as gentle as you can. That's how you do it, folks.
Beautiful music selection as well. ✓
[Edit] And around 8:13 the switch from forward to sideways flight with a controlled turn. Well mastered. Watch this one folks.

Last edited:

ethelsnakes

Reaction score
There were a few hiccups with my Nano+ early on, but they were resolved with updates and it has been very reliable. In windy conditions, it looks like it is jumping around, but the video produced is rock solid.

mddrones

Reaction score
same here, wondering is it hardware or software issue
The only times that I have had this problem, I found that the Nano+ was not on a level surface when I powered it on and it calibrated. Often it is when I am holding the drone during calibration and then I set it down.

Midnight Express 77

Reaction score
Compared to the Autel Evo, the Nano+ motions are more damped. I can get fine control of camera pitch, and very fine control of yaw. Perhaps you can adjust the stick deflection curve or the rotation speed to better fit your preferences.

You also claimed they would have 'swept the market' by releasing the SDK. I disagree: they released the SDK for Evo 1 and to my knowledge nobody made a single useful thing with it.
Litchi is available on Evo sdk.. Hope nano will be soon.

GeoDrone SRL

Reaction score
At quality is killing DJI.
Autel should also add EXP settings for ALL CONTROLS, also would be great to implement same Cruise Control as DJI because is really easy to do it...Also needs a control for sharpness of the camera, I would go a little lower with it...
In rest, all fine....I don't use tracking so I don't give a shxt about it.

yiyunet

Reaction score
Enjoying my Nano+ and my lite +, the after-sales service of the store I bought is also good. Answered my questions in a timely manner

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tono