Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Distance Test, 1.34 miles!!!

RADDBUS

Reaction score
So today I was able to get some flight time, decided it was time to push the limit & see what distance I can get with my New XSP. Straight out of the box, no modifications, I pushed her to 1.34 mile when I got the message on the controller that I had lost signal to the drone, now this caused a little concern but she did exactly as she should, RTH kicked in and she stated her way back and shortly the controller was reconnected. WOW. I could never get this kinda distance with my YUNEEC TYPHOON drones, even with booster. I don't feel the need to do any modifying to it and afraid to update the FM even though the YAW is a problem.
Screenshot.png

Last edited:
So today I was able to get some flight time, decided it was time to push the limit & see what distance I can get with my New XSP. Straight out of the box, no modifications, I pushed her to 1.34 mile when I got the message on the controller that I had lost signal to the drone, now this caused a little concern but she did exactly as she should, RTH kicked in and she stated her way back and shortly the controller was reconnected. WOW. I could never get this kinda distance with my YUNEEC TYPHOON drones, even with booster. I don't feel the need to do any modifying to it and afraid to update the FM even though the YAW is a problem.

Your wise to hold off on the FW. I have not "upgraded" and my XSP is also flying well up to 1 mile so far.
I dont have an issue with the existing yaw, i just gently push the controller and thats fine for me. I dont have issues with bunny hop landings either....I can bring it down on my own gently.
Who needs the bother of NFZ? and as posted here, there will be at least 2 more BETA FW upgrades before a final comes out....If your happy with your flying now, I think your only asking for trouble with the BETA FW.

Your wise to hold off on the FW. I have not "upgraded" and my XSP is also flying well up to 1 mile so far.
I dont have an issue with the existing yaw, i just gently push the controller and thats fine for me. I dont have issues with bunny hop landings either....I can bring it down on my own gently.
Who needs the bother of NFZ? and as posted here, there will be at least 2 more BETA FW upgrades before a final comes out....If your happy with your flying now, I think your only asking for trouble with the BETA FW.

I was thinking about going over to the Gulf and just head it South until Something happens............. nothing to interfere. Never know, might see Jaws

So I'm back home in Cali, weather is very hot, near 100's but still needed to fly. Drove to the beach called Dinosaur Caves. Took the little Pumkin up and only had it about 300 - 400 ft out and was getting bad video signal. It all depends of the area. Gotta make do with what we can.

Yup and you could go back there next week and it will fly ten times farther. The pumpkin has a lot of Pros but that video interference is a big Con for some people.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy