Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Displaying Altitude on the Evo's photographs.

Ansia

Reaction score
So ever since I purchased my Evo, when I took a photograph, it would indicate GPS coordinates, but show Altitude as 0. I figured it was normal from the Evos to do this, since I don't know anyone else who owns an Evo to compare. Today I contacted Autel to find out if there was a way to activate this or will it be available in a future update, since I need it for Photometry. Apparently, Autel told me that my unit is having issues, it should display altitude, and that it will need to be sent for repairs....

So here is my question for you guys.

Does you Evo display altitude in the EXIF data?

I have included a photo of one of my photos showing the 0.

Photo 1.jpg

I just checked one of my photos on my new Evo and yes shows elevation in the details.

Reactions: Ansia
Update: Even after offering evidence of my problem, they didn't do anything... I would have preferred that they told me, they didn't know how to fix it...
Screenshot_20190522-135238_Email.jpg

So ever since I purchased my Evo, when I took a photograph, it would indicate GPS coordinates, but show Altitude as 0. I figured it was normal from the Evos to do this, since I don't know anyone else who owns an Evo to compare. Today I contacted Autel to find out if there was a way to activate this or will it be available in a future update, since I need it for Photometry. Apparently, Autel told me that my unit is having issues, it should display altitude, and that it will need to be sent for repairs....

So here is my question for you guys.

Does you Evo display altitude in the EXIF data?

I have included a photo of one of my photos showing the 0.

View attachment 4297
Your date created and modified do not look right. How can you have a modified date being older than the creation date?

Your date created and modified do not look right. How can you have a modified date being older than the creation date?
Simple. The created date is the day the photo file was created inside the PC's SSD and the "modified" date is when the photo was taken.
For some strange reason, all of my computers show the photos this way.

I spoke with engineers at Autel and provided hundreds of photos with the problem I am having.

At the time of inspection. The issue didn't show, as it's one that comes and goes. They looked through all rhe photos and agreed there is definetly something wrong and will be doing further testing on my unit today.
Screenshot_20190523-090047_Email.jpg

For your records, I checked my photos and see the altitude in the metadata, however I can assure you my drone was NOT 597 ft high. It must be altitude above sea level.

It is not MSL. Mine says it's 75' lower than it actually is. I don't know how it gets it's altitude number.
Have you ever done a gps calibration since you noticed the problem to see if that does anything?

Have you ever done a gps calibration since you noticed the problem to see if that does anything?
I have. My 2 Phantoms also do the same thing. They give the wrong height. I do not know the reason, but as long as it doesn't affect my photogrammetry, I stopped caring.

So just for clarification, I understand altitude displayed on the controller is AGL height relative to the take off point. Is there away of displaying real time AGL or ASL during flight?

So just for clarification, I understand altitude displayed on the controller is AGL height relative to the take off point. Is there away of displaying real time AGL or ASL during flight?
No. The drone doesn't have the capabilities to register it's own AGL relative to it's ground, above 60', much less to know MSL.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials