Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Did I buy a prototype (Nano+)?

Nauhauslabs

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to the Drone world - my first drone was given to me 7 months ago - a hand-me-down Mavic Mini (yeah, not even a Mini 2). It works. I fly it over the ocean and in wind without problem. It is predictable and reliable. I reach speed, height and distance as described in the published features. On the other hand, I just bought a Nano + that doesn't meet many of the features that I thought I would have access to out of the box: Max distance 1.2K (instead of 10k), max speed 10m/s (instead of 15m/s), transmission HD not 2.7k, frequent gimbal checks and phantom objects below that prohibit movement). I realize that this is a brand new drone and firmware updates are expected but is it typical for drone manufacturers to release drones that don't meet their specs and generally behave so poorly? Should I try to return it to B&H? Should I wait and hope for firmware fixes?

pretty sure you didn't get a prototype, i don't know anybody who really sells prototypes. what you got depends on when you bought it and who you bought it from. did you say you got it from b&h? when? my advice if you are not relatively happy with your purchase and you are within the return period, consider sending it back because it's not likely there will be major improvements (only minors one) for the lifetime of that drone. how does it compare to your mini?

pretty sure you didn't get a prototype, i don't know anybody who really sells prototypes. what you got depends on when you bought it and who you bought it from. did you say you got it from b&h? when? my advice if you are not relatively happy with your purchase and you are within the return period, consider sending it back because it's not likely there will be major improvements (only minors one) for the lifetime of that drone. how does it compare to your mini?
What do you base this on? Are you an autel employee?
If no major improvements, autel may as well stop trying to sell nano.

I also experience these issues. I'm expecting all of them to be fixed. disappointing though

I also experience these issues. I'm expecting all of them to be fixed. disappointing though
Do you really think they can improve the range by about 8x? That's a real deal killer for me. There are so many restricted flight areas in the SF Bay Area that you really need to fly pretty far to get good pics (like most of the airspace around the Golden Gate Bridge). You need to take off from far away, fly over the Bay (in wind usually, again something the Nano+ doesn't seem to handle well). Gosh, I'm so disappointed in this drone. My friend's DJI Mini2 does so much better in the wind and with range.

Yes, there is the good, the bad and the ugly....
You have to make the right choice... Yes 2.gif

I decided to return it. This thing is no where ready for public release, IMO. I hate to continue to use DJI (given geopolitical situation and Chinese Gov't relationship) but I'm getting an Air2S for the time being. I'll either get a Mini2 or Mini3 (if released in April as rumored) before traveling this summer. Sorry, Autel.

I'm relatively new to the Drone world - my first drone was given to me 7 months ago - a hand-me-down Mavic Mini (yeah, not even a Mini 2). It works. I fly it over the ocean and in wind without problem. It is predictable and reliable. I reach speed, height and distance as described in the published features. On the other hand, I just bought a Nano + that doesn't meet many of the features that I thought I would have access to out of the box: Max distance 1.2K (instead of 10k), max speed 10m/s (instead of 15m/s), transmission HD not 2.7k, frequent gimbal checks and phantom objects below that prohibit movement). I realize that this is a brand new drone and firmware updates are expected but is it typical for drone manufacturers to release drones that don't meet their specs and generally behave so poorly? Should I try to return it to B&H? Should I wait and hope for firmware fixes?
I'm impressed you can see it at 1.2K, which colour did you get?

Reactions: John Hennessy

Who said it doesn't do 15m? It does now :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller