Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crop Duster

Smitty1157

Reaction score
I live in west central Ohio and I'm not sure how to deal with a crop duster / sprayer that flies over my property at below 200 feet. I'm not located within the 5 mile radius of the local airport so I don't have to notify them. He travels back and fourth between where he refills his plane and where he is spraying. I heard him coming yesterday and my pumpkin was up around 250 feet. Not a good feeling.

I guess I need to get a plane number and try to contact him. Is there any other way to handle this?

Not knowing a better way to approach this question I would say find out where he refuels or if you can get a tail number so you can track him down so you can talk to him about your concerns. Everyone is subject to the "careless and reckless operation of an aircraft" provisions in aviation law and you have to give way to manned aircraft no matter what so its best to get in touch with him just to be on the safe side.

I have the same problem with air planes around me that fly below 200 feet willy nilly, just because they feel like it. Some just want to fly close to the river.

Interesting dilema! I would suggest you email the "help desk": [email protected]

They've been really good about getting back to me and others here. Usually takes a couple days, but they seem to know their stuff.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d