Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo2 Pro V2 vs Lite+

andrew124C41

Reaction score
I just purchased the Evo2 Pro V2 bundle from B and H but have not opened the box. I have put off purchasing a drone for years waiting for them to work well consistently. I live within a SFRA and could not fly 25 feet above my house. Don't get me wrong... I am an instrument pilot and have no intention of violating FAA Regs with a drone but I don't want geofencing so I went with DJI.

Just today, right after the box arrived I received an answer to a question from somebody that works for Autel. He reminded me of something I had forgotten about, that the reason for the second version of the Evo Pro is because they could no longer get the chipset. He went on to eat that the V2 is inferior to the V1 because it is subject to ground interference more readily. From what I read here and elsewhere, about lost connections, I am getting the feeling that he is correct.

He went on to say that he thinks the Lite+ is a better drone because it is not subject to interference as much as the V2. He thinks the lack of OA sensors is no big deal.

At this point, I am doing this for fun. As of yet I have no experience with color grading so the lack of 10 bit log may be no big deal... (But I do think at some point I am going to want to learn.)

There is also the fact that the Lite + does not have the ability to map waypoint missions so, I feel kind of stuck.

I suspect he is giving an honest opinion, that the V2 has some inherent problem but I don't want to wait for an Evo 3! I am not getting any younger (really an issue) so I am going to get one of them now!

The bottom line. Should I exchange it for the lite+? Yes, I would really like the ability to program missions but if the cost of doing that is aggravation, I can give up the capability.

I also recall a video of a guy in Denmark doing a maiden flight with the Evo2 V2 over a snow covered field. The drone kept stopping until he turned off the obstacle avoidance!

So, this really makes me wonder if I made a mistake on choosing the Evo2 Pro over the Lite+. I have a 30 day exchange window and it would be far easier if I don't even open the box.

I would appreciate opinions from everyone who has the Evo2 Pro V2.

Hi, I have the Enterprise which is a V2 with the Smart controller also there is not much difference from the regular Evo 2 Pro. Well, I have had some bugs with it but the regards connection (depends where you flight ) I don’t have major issues.

Hi, I have the Enterprise which is a V2 with the Smart controller also there is not much difference from the regular Evo 2 Pro. Well, I have had some bugs with it but the regards connection (depends where you flight ) I don’t have major issues.
Thank you. That is helpful. You live in Fort Lauderdale, an area I know well. I don't know where you shoot but outside of the center where you have buildings the area is pretty flat. Does this have anything to do with density of wifi users, I don't know.

You mention the Smart Controller. I am going to try it out with a Note 9 but I am pretty sure I will either get a 1200 nit tablet or the Smart Controller because of trouble seeing the phone in daylight. I will need some portable shade or something.

Reactions: edgardcafe
By my house (Wilton Manors ) I just can flight 200 H feet and I can reach almost 2k away towards Fort Lauderdale downtown. Some times I go to the beach and I can go much farther without issues. I also have been over the Everglades and not range issues. Good luck to you and flight safe be safe!

By my house (Wilton Manors ) I just can flight 200 H feet and I can reach almost 2k away towards Fort Lauderdale downtown. Some times I go to the beach and I can go much farther without issues. I also have been over the Everglades and not range issues. Good luck to you and flight safe be safe!
Is that 2 kilometers or 2000 feet?

I really like the mission capability with the Evo II V2. I too have the SC and I have not had any connectivity issues. I did lose signal when I dropped down below the tree line over the Niantic river. (I had an observer on the beach). It just initiated a return to home. Other than that I have had no issues with my longest flight around 4000 feet. I am happy with my V2 purchase; however, I just purchased a mini 3 and the photos while not up to speed to the V2 are reasonable.

Reactions: edgardcafe
I can't speak to the differences between the E2P v1 and v2 or the Lite+ but I can say that buying the Smart Controller for my E2P v1 was one of the smartest purchases I've made. It makes flying on sunny days so much easier. And, I don't think you can get a Smart Controller for the Lite+. Also, my v1 has been very reliable.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson