Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Most Advanced Drone

VdoMemories

Reaction score
Greetings,
Now there is a talk of Autel Evo 3 Pro.
What happened to "interchangeable cameras" being the big selling point of the Autel Evo 2Pro?
How exactly would it be okay to launch a drone touting "your easily replaceable camera module that makes this
drone future proof and less expensive to update" and then maybe a year later, release a new drone
without even feeling the need to fix those known unfinished minor glitches of your Flagship Autel EVO2 Pro.

**--** I'm hoping the new camera with 10X zoom module will fit on the Evo 2 Pro chassis.

Where I live its open area and gets very windy, the garbage cans go flying too.

Any drone smaller than Autel EVO2 Pro
will not be able to fly back home due to very strong winds !
Once I was flying some 500 to 600 feet from me and 125 to 150 feet high I had a hard time getting the drone to come
back and safely land !

Regards,
Ajay
**--** Now this is what I call a real Smart Controller.
PS: Check it out the Autel EVO3 Pro needed to be just like this and not more than $3000 and 10X zoom camera
with built-in ND filters with the flip of a switch:

Reactions: herein2021
Greetings,
Now there is a talk of Autel Evo 3 Pro.
What happened to "interchangeable cameras" being the big selling point of the Autel Evo 2Pro?
How exactly would it be okay to launch a drone touting "your easily replaceable camera module that makes this
drone future proof and less expensive to update" and then maybe a year later, release a new drone
without even feeling the need to fix those known unfinished minor glitches of your Flagship Autel EVO2 Pro.

**--** I'm hoping the new camera with 10X zoom module will fit on the Evo 2 Pro chassis.

Where I live its open area and gets very windy, the garbage cans go flying too.

Any drone smaller than Autel EVO2 Pro
will not be able to fly back home due to very strong winds !
Once I was flying some 500 to 600 feet from me and 125 to 150 feet high I had a hard time getting the drone to come
back and safely land !

Regards,
Ajay
**--** Now this is what I call a real Smart Controller.
PS: Check it out the Autel EVO3 Pro needed to be just like this and not more than $3000 and 10X zoom camera
with built-in ND filters with the flip of a switch:

Those are great points, we all know though that they make money from selling you new batteries and new accessories as well as a new drone; selling just a camera is probably not worth it for them. It would be great though to be able to just upgrade the EVO II to a new MFT or better camera without having to purchase the drone platform again.

Technically though their marketing material was not wrong, the camera is interchangeable, and they never promised that future cameras would work with the EVO II but it would be great if that were the case. So far the only part of the marketing materials that has really held up over time is the no geofencing and for that sole reason they still have me as a loyal customer.

Reactions: Borealis
The identical marketing of camera "future-proofing" and subsequently finding that the hype was simply advertising, with no intent of development... is well known to present and past owners of the Yuneec Typhoon H series. Been there, done that.

My message to Autel as of April 9th 2022

Dear Sir,

Autel EVO 3 Pro requirements for being yet another “ Flagship Drone ” but with an affordable price of $2995
**--** Need a10X zoom camera with Smooth Gradual Zoom and not like Jerky 2X, 3X, or 4X are worthless for video.
Built-in ND filters with the flip of a switch and 4K video with 120 fps.
6K to 8K Video camera switchable, a true 36 MP photo camera without Interpolation.
The Smart Remote with Tiltable forward LCD, Hood and Neck strap and built-in 256 Gig and SD card slot on the remote.
********************************************************************************************************************************************
Autel EVO 3 Pro Cinematic
A. In order for a drone to be Stable it must be bigger in size by at least 4 inch each fiber arm and have even more powerful motors than Autel EVO2 Pro !
My Autel EVO2 Pro can’t come back at times even if its only 125 to 150 feet away and 150 feet up due to it being very windy where I live in the open.
Any thing smaller is a Toy and not worth throwing your hard earned money !
**--** Just about the size of “ DJI Matrice 30 Quadcopter ”
Now this is what I call a real Smart Controller with tilting screen, hood and neck strap.

B. Do not over promise and under deliver as far as Battery is concerned !
I rather you say 42 minutes when in reality it gives 46 to 50 minutes actual flying time !
**--** How about having a additional battery compartment for double battery, the flight time but the battery connection Must be Solid so as not to cause any Fusion from Over heat ! !

C. The GPS Must lock-in within 15 to 20 seconds after powering up the remote and drone.
Each newer location the GPS should have Auto GPS, Lock-in !

D. We badly need Solid, Stable Video Feed, no more Blacking out or Freezing video connection !
* * Around 1000 feet and 200 to 300 feet height I was loosing video feedback on my LCD.
Hate it when I get my Autel EVO2 Pro in to the right location and then loose video feed and having to fly back just to Re-boot again !

E. Slow down those Jerky moves that ruin the video footage.
Give us the choice to dial-in from 1 second to 8 seconds delayed, gradual picking up camera movement and the drone.
At front end and at the back end of each shot when in this “ Cinematic Mode ”
**--** We are not Drag Racing but Video taping and any Jerky Video Movements cause Dizziness to the viewer, wake up !

F. In cold weather in 20* temp the drone at times stops taking 12 picture Panoramas, video freezes and forced to abandon mission.
Forced to Re-boot the drone and remote !

G. Right after the drone completes taking Panoramic pictures it should ask, do you want to continue to the next Panoramic or Stitch the images.
If I don’t respond within 6 to 8 seconds it should be ready to take another set of Panoramic shots.
We don’t use your Panoramic stitching as it is full of flows and degrades the final picture. Microsoft has ICE, a free program and does a good job stitching the Panoramic pictures.

H. When suddenly due to battery going down the drone starts a “ RTH ” and before you know it or can react to the Yellow tiny “ Cancel ” box !
I have had near miss accident as the drone speeded up right in to the tree.
Need a much bigger “ Yellow Cancel Box.”

I. The Remote battery keep draining and need constant charging, My older Typhoon H ST 16 remote battery lasted 5 times longer and had a 7 inch LCD cost only $300 with editing capabilities not $1199
Get a bigger longer lasting battery.

J. The newer EVO - 3 Pro needs two powerful frontal video lights that can be switched on and off with the remote.

K. A $12 GPS tracking device built-in the drone main body, in case of a glitch or fly away ! !

We have been your Field Lab for Autel, listen and help us with what we need !
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Sadly Autel Customers Service is cancerous, playing with fire and the fire spreading like wildfire !
I tried to help you with my 2 cents peace of mind, pick up the pieces and wake up.
I keep getting your Worthless Ticket # that don't fix my issues, a good way to cover up your Customers Service trail and this way your own employees can
Happily say " Customers issues resolved " when in reality they just covered up their Goof - off's and Fooled you the Upper Management !
**--** Fire these Grease Monkeys that are playing games with your Reputation ! ! All they do is issue a Ticket # more like sleeping pills to put us back to sleep.
**--** I still firmly believe the Autel EVO 2 Pro is a Flagship Drone with beautiful colors and sharp but Jerky video and pictures that once you get used to that you will never touch DJI tiny drones that lack that.
* * If only you listen.

**--** The Good News is that even tho DJI can’t sell their Mavic 3 enough due to Pre-mature release, tiny in size and overly priced.
**--** No wonder DJI is forced to discount the price down in order to hopefully sell their Mavic 3 drone due to Pre-Mature Launch and a very bad camera, its a
" Tiny Toy " compared to your EVO 2 Pro or even the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

Its your chance to win by offering us
“ Far Better Customers Support ” Fire them first and clean up your slate !
They are Cancerous to Autel !

Thanks for taking the time to read my message.
Best regards,
Ajay Madan
PS: Both my Autel EVO 2 Pro are still not working and No one ever called for tried to help resolve my issues.
Where has your Management been ?

Last edited:

Where I live even​

Autel EVO2 Pro​

if its 150 feet high and 400 to 500 feet away from me in the open area at times can't come back home due to windy situation can you imagine a $1000 mini toy drone will do.​

When Mavic Mini Met Strong Wind​

Most National Parks we can no longer fly our drones from what I hear. they are taking all the fun away.
Autel EVO3 Pro needs far more powerful motors and bigger propellers to remain steady and stable in windy situation !

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller