Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crash aftermath

kcult

Reaction score
I crashed my drone. It was 100% my fault.

In assessing the damage, I see a detached camera, two broken props and a cracked arm. The motor on the cracked arm tilts inward slightly. When I say cracked arm, only the upper shell is cracked. Underneath the arm is bent.

The repairs consist of replacing the broken props, reattaching the camera, bending the arm down and using a length of electrical tape like a cast. The camera works and the bird has flown several more times without issues obvious to me.

The only lasting damage that I can see is a non-functioning LED on the arm that was cracked. I opened the shell last night to try to find out why and see that the connector was broken away from the main board. My eyes and skill level are not where they need to be to repair this myself, so I reached out to Autel this morning asking about repair options.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Glad to know it's tough enough to be patched/bent back together like that, wow. I imagine any electronics repair shop would be able to solder that back on, unless you want to get it back to Autel for a new shell and check-over as well.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials