Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ Awesome Flight Controller Algorithm

trontar

Reaction score
Damaged my Nano+ during a side-swipe shot of a field in the woods. Hit a tree and fell 5 meters down onto a very large and very hard tree stump.
One arm got badly cracked and bent. Awaiting a replacement I decided to try pressing the arm together and applying some cyanoacrylate (superglue) to the crack. On inspection the rotor is now about 0.5 degrees out of alignment, canted toward the center of the Nano+. But it's solid enough.
Not being one to pass-up an opportunity for an interesting experiment, I took the unit out to an open field to evaluate how the flight controller software handles the now unbalanced thrust.
Long story short, like a champ. I can tell no difference. That's some nice adaptive algorithm running in there.
The camera gimbal is also still working like new.
I would like to publicly praise Autel here, for producing such a robust device!
Thanks!

we;ve seen tests for drone all out of alignment and broken up and pieced together and while they will likely always fly pretty well, it's another things to be said about getting great video. please let us know if your video is affected. i still find it amazing that despite "flying" the gimbal makes it seem like the camera is mounted on a rail.

Video is same as before. Though I seem to have forgotten how to get the camera to pitch-up above level.
The damping of the camera tilt and the yaw was my biggest wish for the Autel Evo 1, and they implemented it with the Nano+.
Maybe my begging even motivated them to implement it? We will never know.

Reactions: EBEPLS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t