Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Controller Scroll Wheel

Alaska

Reaction score
When I use the scroll wheel on the right to change settings on the app sometimes I have to roll it 4 or 5 times to get the cursor to move one space. To go from one setting to the next requires so much scrolling it is frustrating. Does anyone else have this issue?

It should be one click, one option. I believe you have a dirty or bad sensor. My suggestion is to contact Autel for a repair or replacement.

Well, I have lost control of the Evo 3 times now, not responding to the controller and flying off without input from me, or not doing what I am telling it. I also have to calibrate it every time I fly now or it goes almost as much sideways as forward when pushing on the stick. It has been in their shop with the drone (from the last 2 fly away crashes) and they said nothing was wrong with either, but did fix it under warranty. I have always wondered if the controller was bad. Sometimes it doesn't take pictures right, or video won't start when pushing the buttons. Other times everything is good. Guess I can ask them again.

Well, I have lost control of the Evo 3 times now, not responding to the controller and flying off without input from me, or not doing what I am telling it. I also have to calibrate it every time I fly now or it goes almost as much sideways as forward when pushing on the stick. It has been in their shop with the drone (from the last 2 fly away crashes) and they said nothing was wrong with either, but did fix it under warranty. I have always wondered if the controller was bad. Sometimes it doesn't take pictures right, or video won't start when pushing the buttons. Other times everything is good. Guess I can ask them again.
I’m surprised they didn’t ask you to send in the controller as well as the drone.

They did get the controller both times. It probably behaved when they used it. 99.7% of the time I am in control so the chances of it acting up when they test it are small I guess. Although the scroll wheel issue is 100% of the time. Maybe it is an app issue, it does work better with the controller only, but when I attach a tablet or phone it doesn't scroll right.

They did get the controller both times. It probably behaved when they used it. 99.7% of the time I am in control so the chances of it acting up when they test it are small I guess. Although the scroll wheel issue is 100% of the time. Maybe it is an app issue, it does work better with the controller only, but when I attach a tablet or phone it doesn't scroll right.
Then I wonder if it is the phone or tablet?

The tablet is just a bigger screen with more options. It won't interfere with flight.
I was going on his comment that “when I attach a tablet or phone it doesn’t scroll right” .Also, it seems to me that something that adds extra options—including automatically switching the video view from the RC to the phone/tablet could affect something in the controller?

I was going on his comment that “when I attach a tablet or phone it doesn’t scroll right” .Also, it seems to me that something that adds extra options—including automatically switching the video view from the RC to the phone/tablet could affect something in the controller?
It shouldn't. Instead of the controller decoding the video, the Explorer app does the job, therefore releiving the controller. Any communication towards the drone for input is done by the controller only.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDEAZA