Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Considering XSTAR as a second drone

BillyTexas

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I actually have a Typhoon H and love it so far. I am considering a second drone and like the XSTAR. How has it been for yall. I know every brand has problems from time to time, but just curious of any issues. Also...does it really go 1.2 miles? Thanks.

Bill W.

Clear line of sight I have had my XSP at one mile. The build quality is great i.e. the plastic is thicker than the phantom 3 line, the remote control is more solid, plus you get more for your $$$. Some people have had minor issues, but out of the box it flies great.

I was seriously considering a Phantom 4 as a second drone when I found out about the X-Star P. I completed the purchase the day before the free battery promotion expired. She is a great drone with a lot of capabilities, I like how she handles the wind.

On a good day I have gone 2.5 miles at the beach. Then one day I bought a pair of Antenna Range Extender and got close to about 2.9M out.

What made me buy an Autel is the responsiveness of their customer service. Nothing in life is perfect, in an ideal world, every drone would work perfectly, right out of the box. Unfortunately, in the real world, sometimes drones have problems. When problems happen, it’s important to have someone to turn to for help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HW91PLE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: paul holt
I was seriously considering a Phantom 4 as a second drone when I found out about the X-Star P. I completed the purchase the day before the free battery promotion expired. She is a great drone with a lot of capabilities, I like how she handles the wind.

On a good day I have gone 2.5 miles at the beach. Then one day I bought a pair of Antenna Range Extender and got close to about 2.9M out.

What made me buy an Autel is the responsiveness of their customer service. Nothing in life is perfect, in an ideal world, every drone would work perfectly, right out of the box. Unfortunately, in the real world, sometimes drones have problems. When problems happen, it’s important to have someone to turn to for help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HW91PLE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was wondering if any of those range extenders would work on the xstar. So you've noticed a significant improvement? It says in the description of the ones you have that it's for wifi? But the xstar premium doesn't use wifi and it still works?

The way the XStar Premium's remote control communicates with the mobile device is with a cable. One end of the cable is standard USB, the other end of the cable is the plug the mobile device needs for charging. I use the iPhone 6Plus, so the same I cable I use for charging is the one I use to connect to the RC. I believe the X-Star's RC does not have a USB port to connect, it connects to the mobile device via Wi-Fi.

With the use of the range extenders I am now able to fly in places where I could not before. There is a park close to my house where I go on a regular basis to practice orbits and waypoints. At this park there is a golf course, from the launch point is not even a half of a mile yet I have not been able to fly there without getting disconnected, half of a mile out and my RC has always shown weak signal then there is this beep and the aircraft initiates Return To Home. My feeling is that there is a lot of interference at this location because the same behavior applies to my other drone. Anyways, since I purchased the range extenders, I am now able to fly over the golf course and maintain connection at all times.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials