Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Complete Parts Catalog available to End Users

BradM75

Reaction score
I just sent a request to Autel to consider making a complete parts catalog available to end users. If anyone else is interested in performing their own maintenance, I would urge you to contact Autel customer support and voice you option. They won't do it unless there's a demand for it.

My email:
Customer Support,

I am making a request to Autel Robotics that a complete parts catalog be made available to end users. In discussions with other users of Autel Robotics aircraft (EVO and EVO II), it is a common concern that parts are not available for users to repair their investments post-warranty. I currently have a warranty claim in for a very very inexpensive part that could easily be user serviceable. Had this happened post-warranty period, I would have to send it to Autel for repair at my own expense because there is no option to buy the part. Part of customer support is to provide service options for customers who want to perform their own maintenance. As a service technician, I am one of those people.

Please consider adding a complete parts catalog and making parts available to end users. Thank you.

Regards,
Brad

You're right, but sometimes it's sweet to dream. Autel will never put a spare parts channel (just like Dji never did).
if you want to find parts, you have to look on Ebay or other Chinese sites in the parallel market.

Reactions: BradM75
There's quite a movement growing in favor of the right to repair your own equipment. Many manufacturers resist this movement (such as Apple) but they're losing the battle both in court and in consumer practices. Look at the website iFixit.com. Lots of good stuff there to help you repair your own products that you may not otherwise be able to get repaired or would possibly pay way too much for repair. More and more third party companies are coming up with aftermarket parts for this purpose and hopefully this will be true for Autel parts. If Autel will not provide repair guides and parts then all it takes is one person to figure out some of the steps and post their guide to iFixit.com so the rest of us can benefit from it and refine the process.

Reactions: BradM75
There's quite a movement growing in favor of the right to repair your own equipment. Many manufacturers resist this movement (such as Apple) but they're losing the battle both in court and in consumer practices. Look at the website iFixit.com. Lots of good stuff there to help you repair your own products that you may not otherwise be able to get repaired or would possibly pay way too much for repair. More and more third party companies are coming up with aftermarket parts for this purpose and hopefully this will be true for Autel parts. If Autel will not provide repair guides and parts then all it takes is one person to figure out some of the steps and post their guide to iFixit.com so the rest of us can benefit from it and refine the process.
But I fix it in my area (west burbs chicago) no autel parts.amazon has some.

But I fix it in my area (west burbs chicago) no autel parts.amazon has some.
Can you please post what you have done and perhaps document steps taken. Maybe with some photos. It can help many more people. Thanks.

I just sent a request to Autel to consider making a complete parts catalog available to end users. If anyone else is interested in performing their own maintenance, I would urge you to contact Autel customer support and voice you option. They won't do it unless there's a demand for it.

My email:
Customer Support,

I am making a request to Autel Robotics that a complete parts catalog be made available to end users. In discussions with other users of Autel Robotics aircraft (EVO and EVO II), it is a common concern that parts are not available for users to repair their investments post-warranty. I currently have a warranty claim in for a very very inexpensive part that could easily be user serviceable. Had this happened post-warranty period, I would have to send it to Autel for repair at my own expense because there is no option to buy the part. Part of customer support is to provide service options for customers who want to perform their own maintenance. As a service technician, I am one of those people.

Please consider adding a complete parts catalog and making parts available to end users. Thank you.

Regards,
Brad
I did called them and have had issues with my evo 1, they will not sell the gimbal cable to me alongwith rubbers. I am from canada, international shippping alone make it very expensive. I dont think Autel will change their policy as I was looking to buy evo 2 pro, I requested I will buy if you sell some parts to me alongwith it like suspension rubbers and flex cable for gimbal. they refused , So I am looking for my other options. For DJI , there is a lot of parts you can buy and playwith yourself .

Just looking in case I need something . planning ahead don't want to be grounded.

Also just found out a company called drown fly .com,805-395-8208, chatsworth c.a., hour's are mom to Fri ,7 to 5.

My email:
Customer Support,

Regards,
Brad
Just found a company Drone Fly in chatsworth c.a. # 805-816-0039,open monday to friday 7 to 5

With AliExpress and even Amazon currently selling EVO II parts, any EVO II owner should BUY SPARES NOW. I remember seeing EVO I parts for sale in 2019 & 2020 but now that I need a new motor arm they are nowhere to be found!

Good day! I need help. I can't find the cable to connect the Evo to the computer. Maybe someone saw where it is sold?

I did called them and have had issues with my evo 1, they will not sell the gimbal cable to me alongwith rubbers. I am from canada, international shippping alone make it very expensive. I dont think Autel will change their policy as I was looking to buy evo 2 pro, I requested I will buy if you sell some parts to me along with it like suspension rubbers and flex cable for gimbal. they refused , So I am looking for my other options. For DJI , there is a lot of parts you can buy and play with yourself .
There is no reason why an exploded diagram and list of parts should not be available other than they don't want one. A storage of every single part should be available. These are supplied by most reputable manufacturers and many after market supply houses of parts. I don't want to beat a dead horse but the horse has not died just yet. This is totally Autels doing. I have purchased parts large, small, critical and not so critical for all sorts of equipment. Some out of production many years. If Autel was traded publicly in the stock market, their stock would have collapsed. Autel could not sell a share of stock for a dollar. Autel is not on my radar anytime now or n the future. Autels issues are produced by Autel.

Good day! I need help. I can't find the cable to connect the Evo to the computer. Maybe someone saw where it is sold?
I'm not exactly sure which one you mean but "Sunguy" has many different options for wires. Hope you find what you're looking for.

There is no reason why an exploded diagram and list of parts should not be available other than they don't want one. A storage of every single part should be available. These are supplied by most reputable manufacturers and many after market supply houses of parts. I don't want to beat a dead horse but the horse has not died just yet. This is totally Autels doing. I have purchased parts large, small, critical and not so critical for all sorts of equipment. Some out of production many years. If Autel was traded publicly in the stock market, their stock would have collapsed. Autel could not sell a share of stock for a dollar. Autel is not on my radar anytime now or n the future. Autels issues are produced by Autel.
I wonder how Autel would react if a person took the initiative to reverse engineer the drone and started producing replacement parts. At the very least I would think they could license production to another company. Its a lose lose for all involved

I am freaking out!! I was being “joe cool” earlier today in my yard and came in a little hot, which led me to look like “joe tool”!! Thought it was strong enough to trim up a few tree branches that were out of place, you know since it has thermal and all. It wasn’t and the gimbal had its neck snapped by f ing John wick.
So I need 2 things 1:how do I open the gimbal arms to replace whatever cable it is. 2: where do I buy said cable.

Out of curiosity, did you reach out to Autel Robotics tech support for guidance on how to repair?

From a devil's advocate perspective, having a la carte parts sold online (aliexpress, etc) may satisfy those who have the initiative and skills to perform their own R&R but consider that the likelihood also is that Autel has likely curtailed their own production with sunsetting models as they focus on supporting newer models. Any Autel in-house repairs may also be competing with the (arguably diminishing) inventory of parts. So, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Reactions: EBERLS

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain