Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

compass oddity

John Ford

Reaction score
I have noticed something odd when I do a compass calibration. I have gotten in the habit of doing a calibration every time I go out to fly, even if I am flying at the same spot every time (my front yard). I have never had a problem with the flight, but the oddity is this. When I start the calibration I hold the drone upright and start to turn in a circle. About a quarter of the way around, the controller tells me to turn the drone nose down and circle again. I never have to turn a complete circle during the first part of the calibration. Just seemed odd to me. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

johnf

I have noticed something odd when I do a compass calibration. I have gotten in the habit of doing a calibration every time I go out to fly, even if I am flying at the same spot every time (my front yard). I have never had a problem with the flight, but the oddity is this. When I start the calibration I hold the drone upright and start to turn in a circle. About a quarter of the way around, the controller tells me to turn the drone nose down and circle again. I never have to turn a complete circle during the first part of the calibration. Just seemed odd to me. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

johnf
I constantly get VIDEO SIGNAL INTERFERENCE msg while in my front yard........ but out in the country at my sons house...... no problems. Any ideas?

Hi Johnf,
Yep I also get the same but mine is just less than half a circle turn in the horizontal and about 2 and a half turns in the vertical position and to be totally honest I have never had and problem with compass errors or video signal interference and I have been flying for about 6 months at so many different locations all over Cyprus, I always do a compass calibration before every flight even if flying from the same location and even when just changing battery at same location too ;) all seems to be ok so I would not worry too much about it ;)
Just enjoy your flying.

Lightman, thanks for the info. Nice to know that I'm not alone with this odddity. I really envy your location. I bet you get some awesome footage. I hope to be able to do the same after I get a couple more months of flying experience. Thanks again. Happy flying.

johnf

Hi Johnf,
Your most welcome mate, hey we are all here to help and to be helped ;)
Cyprus does have some great views to be filmed, I even had the BBC use some of my footage for a travel show, just goes to show how good the X-Star really is, pls see link below ;)

Lovely early morning flight in sunny Cyprus ;o)

I gave it for free and got my name on the ending credits (cool)
Hey mate never be afraid to fly the bird, she will always do just as u ask ;) just enjoy it....

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58