Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

compass oddity

John Ford

Reaction score
I have noticed something odd when I do a compass calibration. I have gotten in the habit of doing a calibration every time I go out to fly, even if I am flying at the same spot every time (my front yard). I have never had a problem with the flight, but the oddity is this. When I start the calibration I hold the drone upright and start to turn in a circle. About a quarter of the way around, the controller tells me to turn the drone nose down and circle again. I never have to turn a complete circle during the first part of the calibration. Just seemed odd to me. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

johnf

PRMath

Reaction score
I have noticed something odd when I do a compass calibration. I have gotten in the habit of doing a calibration every time I go out to fly, even if I am flying at the same spot every time (my front yard). I have never had a problem with the flight, but the oddity is this. When I start the calibration I hold the drone upright and start to turn in a circle. About a quarter of the way around, the controller tells me to turn the drone nose down and circle again. I never have to turn a complete circle during the first part of the calibration. Just seemed odd to me. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

johnf
I constantly get VIDEO SIGNAL INTERFERENCE msg while in my front yard........ but out in the country at my sons house...... no problems. Any ideas?

lightman

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Johnf,
Yep I also get the same but mine is just less than half a circle turn in the horizontal and about 2 and a half turns in the vertical position and to be totally honest I have never had and problem with compass errors or video signal interference and I have been flying for about 6 months at so many different locations all over Cyprus, I always do a compass calibration before every flight even if flying from the same location and even when just changing battery at same location too ;) all seems to be ok so I would not worry too much about it ;)
Just enjoy your flying.

John Ford

Reaction score
Lightman, thanks for the info. Nice to know that I'm not alone with this odddity. I really envy your location. I bet you get some awesome footage. I hope to be able to do the same after I get a couple more months of flying experience. Thanks again. Happy flying.

johnf

lightman

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Johnf,
Your most welcome mate, hey we are all here to help and to be helped ;)
Cyprus does have some great views to be filmed, I even had the BBC use some of my footage for a travel show, just goes to show how good the X-Star really is, pls see link below ;)

Lovely early morning flight in sunny Cyprus ;o)

I gave it for free and got my name on the ending credits (cool)
Hey mate never be afraid to fly the bird, she will always do just as u ask ;) just enjoy it....

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
socializedNerd