Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Coldest temperature successfully flown.

plowak

Reaction score
Just curious who's had success flying in winter temps, and what was the temperature? Was there any special battery treatment prior to flight? How long was the flight?

My coldest was around 30 degrees F. I did keep the batteries warm with a hot pack in a cooler but it will let you know if it wants you to hover in place to get the battery up to temperature before zooming off.

Just curious who's had success flying in winter temps, and what was the temperature? Was there any special battery treatment prior to flight? How long was the flight?
Yesterday, 31 degrees with a flight of 12 minutes. I keep the batteries inside with a temperature of 70 degrees prior to flight.

Last edited:
I have flown my DJI Phantom in below zero temps with no issues.
Just expect shorter battery life, keep the batteries warm before use and have a TX hand warmer so ya fingers don't fall off!
I bought one of these to keep my digits! :D

IMG_1925.jpg

Reactions: KentA
20 degrees here.

Get a pair of gloves that are touch screen compatible, warm fingers all the time!

Hi All, as you are all talking about flying in cold weather I thought I would give you a different view on it and that is flying
in heat and you can be assured it's fine so try 107.6F (or 42c) with no problems and doing it regularly. (based in Sydney Australia)
cheers, JV

Reactions: brian bwin
I have flown my DJI Phantom in below zero temps with no issues.
Just expect shorter battery life, keep the batteries warm before use and have a TX hand warmer so ya fingers don't fall off!
I bought one of these to keep my digits! :D

View attachment 250

I was wondering how those things work with the Autel controller and a tablet? I was considering getting one but don't want to buy something if it dont fit.

Sunrise on Thunder Bay Harbour on Lake Superior -21°C\-6°F

Reactions: KentA and Mike367
I was wondering how those things work with the Autel controller and a tablet? I was considering getting one but don't want to buy something if it dont fit.

Sunrise on Thunder Bay Harbour on Lake Superior -21°C\-6°F

That photo is with the Phantom 3 inside of it. I think the X-Star device mount sits higher than the P3. It wouldn't be to hard to make one if you have a source for marine window plastic.
You can toss in a hand warmer or two if it's really cold out.

Reactions: Autel2017
My son and I flew ours the other day at about 25 degrees. The cold warning came on but it flew just fine. The batteries don't last quite as long. We try to keep the batteries warm while enroute to wherever we're going to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 degrees F. Had to hover for a few minutes to warm up the battery, but then no problems.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials