Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Clip-on DIY Hoodman

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
Experimenting with this, working pretty good so far. I need to make an opening for access to the screen. On EBay I some some Hoodman copycats somewhat cheaper than the original.

Attachments

• IMAG1652.jpg
    IMAG1652.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMAG1653.jpg
    IMAG1653.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
Experimenting with this, working pretty good so far. I need to make an opening for access to the screen. On EBay I some some Hoodman copycats somewhat cheaper than the original.
I hate putting the hood on because it causes me to restrict the action of me holding the controller. So I tried an anti-glare/screen protector:

Amazon.com: Nexus 7 FHD Screen Protector, Tech Armor Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Google Nexus 7 FHD (2013) Film Screen Protector [3-Pack]: Computers & Accessories

for my Google Nexus. I was out on a sunny day this week and instead of having to keep the controller down so the hood would stay on I was able to hold it up at the same level as where my X-Star was in the sky for the first time. It is a great feeling to be able to see both views at once...the FPV and the flying machine itself. The shield does not totally get rid of the brightness that falls on the screen, but the tine rough surface of the film breaks up and disperses the strong light, and spreads it out. I had no trouble at all seeing my display, and well worth the 10 or 20 bucks.

Cut an opening and used some Ace bandage type material to allow access to screen.

Attachments

• IMAG1654[1].jpg
    IMAG1654[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMAG1656[1].jpg
    IMAG1656[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members