Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Chopping video

Subiebuilder

Reaction score
So I bought this drone used but in excellent condition. I’m having trouble with my videos being very bad. I’m in the country so nothing metal or buildings are around. Now, I’m using my charging cord from my IPHONE didn’t know if that would make a difference or not? Anyone have any ideas of what’s going on.

We’d need a bunch more info to know what’s going on. We all can shoot really bad video even if everything is working fine! :) What precisely is wrong with the videos?

Some of the video is good, but then it gets grainy and kinda chops up. I remember reading a tread several months ago when I first bought it on here about getting a better cord. Just didn’t think it was that much of a deal.
I’m recording at the highest 4K possible. Not sure about the shutter speed tho.

I’m gonna guess you need a neutral density filter. All drones have compact cameras with rotating shutters. If you’re shooting into a bright sky, you’ll get the rolling shutter effect. It makes the video unusable. All drones have this issue. Try shooting pointed at a steeper angle down, and/or away from the brightest part of the sky and see what happens...

Reactions: Subiebuilder
could the problem be on your computer and not the drone video. some PC/laptops cant handle 4k video.
try recording video at 1080p with the drone and see if that works. Or with your existing 4k video file, download a program called HANDBRAKE. its free and you can change a 4k video to several other lesser resolutions, like 1080p that are easier for PCs to run, but difficult to really see a difference on the screen

HandBrake: Downloads

could the problem be on your computer and not the drone video. some PC/laptops cant handle 4k video.
try recording video at 1080p with the drone and see if that works. Or with your existing 4k video file, download a program called HANDBRAKE. its free and you can change a 4k video to several other lesser resolutions, like 1080p that are easier for PCs to run, but difficult to really see a difference on the screen

HandBrake: Downloads
Yes indeed, this is true, great point. Unless your computer has strong graphics support, 4K video will not play well at all. On a Mac, even if you have decent graphics support, it will only play smoothly using the QuickTime player, not VLC. Also, even on a good 65” TV, you must look closely to notice the difference between clean 1080p video, and 4K video. HDR is very noticeable, but not the resolution increase....

Guys, awesome points, here in Indiana the wind is pushing storms in so maybe this weekend I’ll be able to fly. Took it out late last night because the sky was clear and the wind was low, tried to get some pics of our town’s lights but I kept getting the red marker light’s reflection. Any quick fix for that

Yes indeed, this is true, great point. Unless your computer has strong graphics support, 4K video will not play well at all. On a Mac, even if you have decent graphics support, it will only play smoothly using the QuickTime player, not VLC. Also, even on a good 65” TV, you must look closely to notice the difference between clean 1080p video, and 4K video. HDR is very noticeable, but not the resolution increase....
Even my older Macs play 4K footage with QT or VLC. I have several 4K TV's and the difference between 1080 & 4K is night & day. Take the card right out of the gimbal and plug it into a 4K TV and tell me it looks the same to you.

I just bought a new 60" 4k smart TV in September, good idea, I will try that, I bet it will be stunning.
Professionally Ive run into enough clients that cant run 4k video, much less even know what 4k means, that I downsample to 1080p, AND give them the 4k video on DVD. I hated having that conversation "Why cant I see the video, it wont play right"....I tell clients to have VLC on their PC already (or I provide a link). While we are on the subject, I also tell folks to have Google earth Pro on their PC, for KML output from either DroneMapper or PrecisionMapper (both free). Ive been testing sending 3d models built in PrecisionMapper to clients thru an Autodesk Link...here is the latest of a sheet of ice, not sure this will work for you guys but here goes:

Autodesk Viewer | Free Online File Viewer

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert