Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Checking in from Oregon

DroneDude

Reaction score
I read the mail here occasionally and decided to say "Hi." I am located on the Oregon Coast, have both Part 107 and Part 61 pilot certificates and about 1600 hours as pilot-in-command of manned aircraft. I have owned a couple Mooney airplanes, but sold the most recent one after eight years of ownership and no longer own a plane.

I bought an XSP eleven months ago for commercial photography. There is nothing wrong with the double-reward of having fun while earning a little money and the XSP has provided an abundance of fun. However, the value is almost entirely in the fun, because it isn't well suited to commercial applications. It could be with guidance from someone who understands what is needed and a relatively trivial investment in software & firmware development, but after nearly a year of ownership it seems clear that isn't going to happen, so I am looking at alternatives. Even so, I don't regret buying the XSP, because the fun has been worth the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigbit
Hey DroneDude,
Have you updated the FW to the latest beta. MAYBE that might help with your concerns.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Hey DroneDude,
Have you updated the FW to the latest beta. MAYBE that might help with your concerns.
I haven't installed the beta FW, because even after many months of development it still doesn't fix easy-to-fix problems that cripple commercial usage, but especially due to concerns about new NFZ functionalities. The reported flight-performance improvements are great, and I would like to have them, but not at the cost of having unknown Chinese entities arrogantly regulating where I can fly. They have no more right to do that than I have to regulate where they can fly in China. I refuse to voluntarily subject myself to foreign regulators who have no legal basis to regulate flights within U.S. airspace.

I am licensed to fly in U.S. airspace in accordance with FAA rules and regulations and am personally responsible under those rules and regulations for any violations. Any supplier who wants to inject themselves into my responsibilities or who wants to arbitrarily impose additional rules that they can change at any time can find someone else to sell to.

V2.0.1 has fixed any NFZ problem. It is gone now back to the way it was before.

1. Optimized flight control algorithm. Improved response speed. Shorter braking distance. Faster max descending speed.
  2. Fixed YAW issue. YAW sensitivity adjustment EXP is now available.
  3. Optimized compass algorithm. Fixed crash issue caused by magnetic interference/compass abnormal.
  4. The compass only needs one good calibration after update and no re-calibration needed (Compass calibration must be performed outdoor with strong GPS signals).
  5. Enabled outdoor Starpoint function. Soft landing will kick in while landing.
  6. No more IMU warm-up time.
  7. Auto-takeoff altitude changed to 1.5m.
  8. 99 waypoints.
  9. Digital zoom is available.
  10. Pause works in autonomous modes. Pressing the pause button again will resume the previous action.
  11. Motors won’t start in IOC mode.
  12. Improved battery self-discharging control based on temperature.
  13. Optimized power drop prevention for long-stored battery.
  14. NFZ/restricted area warning issue fix. (Based on 1.3.30)
  15. Auto-landing speed decreased. (Based on 1.3.30)
  16. Bug fixes.

Reactions: PilotChris

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy