Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel pilot in Iowa

Capt Binkley

Reaction score
Hello from the banks of the Mississippi River in Davenport, Iowa. I am a commercial real estate appraiser who got tired of not being able to inspect half the building, so I started incorporating a drone into my inspections. It's a big help in my job, and it scratches my aviation itch without having to shell out $100/hr on avgas (I've had my private pilot license for 30+ years).

I got my 107 license in November 2019, then purchased a used Phantom 3 Standard from a friend of mine. It's a great drone, but I quickly figured out its limitations and knew I would be upgrading fairly quickly. I've been looking at all kinds of drones: a Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Autel Evo, Yuneec Typhoon H... And then the news broke for the Autel Evo 2. It ticked pretty much all the boxes, and after watching the news this week from CES, I was sold. I put down a deposit on a new Evo 2 on Friday. I hope that it is packaged similar to the Evo.

Primarily, I use drones for building inspections. However, I've been talking with my Real Estate contacts in the area about other applications. Let's face it, flying a drone taking images is a far more fun way to make money than crunching numbers in a spreadsheet.

Reactions: Starfire
Whaaaaa! Nothing beats crunching numbers in an Excel spreadsheet.

Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay and have lots of fun with your Evo 2.

Hello from the banks of the Mississippi River in Davenport, Iowa. I am a commercial real estate appraiser who got tired of not being able to inspect half the building, so I started incorporating a drone into my inspections. It's a big help in my job, and it scratches my aviation itch without having to shell out $100/hr on avgas (I've had my private pilot license for 30+ years).

I got my 107 license in November 2019, then purchased a used Phantom 3 Standard from a friend of mine. It's a great drone, but I quickly figured out its limitations and knew I would be upgrading fairly quickly. I've been looking at all kinds of drones: a Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Autel Evo, Yuneec Typhoon H... And then the news broke for the Autel Evo 2. It ticked pretty much all the boxes, and after watching the news this week from CES, I was sold. I put down a deposit on a new Evo 2 on Friday. I hope that it is packaged similar to the Evo.

Primarily, I use drones for building inspections. However, I've been talking with my Real Estate contacts in the area about other applications. Let's face it, flying a drone taking images is a far more fun way to make money than crunching numbers in a spreadsheet.
Welcome, did you just take the online test to get your 107?

Welcome to the forum. The person I take care of is from Sanborn and I am a former Real Estate Appraiser.

Reactions: Starfire and Ansia
I think if you are already a pilot, you just take a small quiz online.

If you are current, which I am not.

So I had the choice of get with an instructor, spend some time in the air, get current on my license, and then take the pilot's exam; or just go take the regular drone pilot's exam.

Reactions: xspwhite

I would cancel and get the EVO 2 Dual, then you can do roof inspections, watch the Autel website and others on roof inspections and finding water leaks and thermal leaks using infrared..

Well, things didn't work out as planned. Autel's delay forced me to go a different direction. I wound up with a heck of a deal on a practically brand new Phantom 4 Pro. Still had the wrap on all the props and never registered with DJI.

I'll probably be back when the Evo 2 Dual starts shipping.

Reactions: Starfire
Well, things didn't work out as planned. Autel's delay forced me to go a different direction. I wound up with a heck of a deal on a practically brand new Phantom 4 Pro. Still had the wrap on all the props and never registered with DJI.

I'll probably be back when the Evo 2 Dual starts shipping.
A P4P v1 or v2.0?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d