Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

CES Giveaway Winner Receives EVO II

JohnOfDrones

Reaction score
evo_ii_kheroneyes.jpg
The Autel Robotics EVO II won Best Of Show at the 2020 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January. In recognition of the debut of this award-winning drone Autel held on online giveaway, 1st Prize was a New EVO II 8K.

I'm proud to say that winner was ME! To say I was thrilled when I received the email telling me I won would be... would be untrue, actually.

I thought I was being pranked if not SCAMMED! Frankly I was skeptical. It took two more emails to convince me and THEN I WAS ECSTATIC! ...for about a week and a half. Then the world changed.

Last week however Sydney Merwin and Belinda Garcia at Autel Robotics in Seattle reached out to me to tell me my prize was ready to ship. Three days later, here it is! All firmware updates installed and ready to take to the skies.

Thanks to everyone who cheered me on these few weeks.

Excuse me, I'm late for the sky...

Last edited:
Dynamic track is handy for what it is, but cinematic video is almost unachievable with the stilted starts and stops.
I just starting to fly FPV, sensors off, and I am liking the difference.With VLOS observer as an adjunct of course.

View attachment 6840
The Autel Robotics EVO II won Best Of Show at the 2020 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January. In recognition of the debut of this award-winning drone Autel held on online giveaway, 1st Prize was a New EVO II 8K.

I'm proud to say that winner was ME! To say I was thrilled when I received the email telling me I won would be... would be untrue, actually.

I thought I was being pranked if not SCAMMED! Frankly I was skeptical. It took two more emails to convince me and THEN I WAS ECSTATIC! ...for about a week and a half. Then the world changed.

Last week however Sydney Merwin and Belinda Garcia at Autel Robotics in Seattle reached out to me to tell me my prize was ready to ship. Three days later, here it is! All firmware updates installed and ready to take to the skies.

Thanks to everyone who cheered me on these few weeks.

Excuse me, I'm late for the sky...
That's crazy cool! Congrats!!

Reactions: JohnOfDrones
Congrats. Wish I could have won....that's the only way I'll ever end up with one. Congrats though!

Dynamic track is handy for what it is, but cinematic video is almost unachievable with the stilted starts and stops.
I just starting to fly FPV, sensors off, and I am liking the difference.With VLOS observer as an adjunct of course.

The EXP can be dialed down to .20 and Precision Mode or Dual Stability Mode in the application can achieve the desired results for very smooth footage. In Precision Mode, you can control you vertical/horizontal speeds and yaw. Dual Stability Mode dampens the movements at the end of each input sort of like Cinema Mode on DJI drones.

The EXP can be dialed down to .20 and Precision Mode or Dual Stability Mode in the application can achieve the desired results for very smooth footage. In Precision Mode, you can control you vertical/horizontal speeds and yaw. Dual Stability Mode dampens the movements at the end of each input sort of like Cinema Mode on DJI drones.
Thanks, that's good to know. It hasn't been a week yet and I'm just learning to navigate the app. It's all very well laid out, I just have to develop muscle memory. Like learning to play the saxophone underwater

No problem! Hope the info helps you attain what you’re looking to achieve. I’ve had mine for a week now as well and I’m all dialed in with very good results. I’m pleased with it.

BTW, I grew up by Midway and my uncle used to take me Petersen’s Ice Cream on Lake In Oak Park for the best banana ice cream! I watched your video flying over construction on Lake Street.

• Wow
BTW, I grew up by Midway and my uncle used to take me Petersen’s Ice Cream on Lake In Oak Park for the best banana ice cream! I watched your video flying over construction on Lake Street.
Hey thanks! Oak Park is in a growth spurt and I hope to document some of it

Reactions: Cicero24

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill