Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

CES 2019 Updates

Wondering if that glider is going to make it to production. Looks pretty awesome.

Well, definitely want the Multi-Charger! As for anything else, I really don't need anything.

I do not need it but would be great if they are planning to add a 1 inch sensor camera this year.

I do not need it but would be great if they are planning to add a 1 inch sensor camera this year.
This is what is stopping me from ordering an EVO. I am a real estate photographer and would really like the latitude the 1 inch sensor would provide for edits. Im still using my X-Star premium and run into issues sometimes with image quality. Come on Autel give the people what they want!!!

Reactions: macoman
I just want to point out that he said they're not looking to just do what the competition is doing, but to get ahead. A 1" sensor would be cool, but I'd rather they go with a micro 4/3 or APS-C sensor. I believe a smaller drone could handle a micro 4/3 sensor. It would probably be larger than an Evo though. And did he say that was a Sony A7 below the Dragonfish?

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I just want to point out that he said they're not looking to just do what the competition is doing, but to get ahead. A 1" sensor would be cool, but I'd rather they go with a micro 4/3 or APS-C sensor. I believe a smaller drone could handle a micro 4/3 sensor. It would probably be larger than an Evo though. And did he say that was a Sony A7 below the Dragonfish?
That would be sweet. I could rig my a7iii up and shoot with it. I might have a bit of a panic attack at first

Reactions: joe7six
That’s a great point. There’s a bunch of very capable, not too expensive APS-C (or DX if you’re a Nikon person like me ;)). I guess the issue is size. Not necessarily the sensor, but the optics and processors required to utilize them effectively. It would certainly drastically affect the center of gravity of any drone...

Reactions: joe7six
Seeing that a lot of the manufactures are turning their R&D department towards commercial UAV's the way I see his statement "they're not looking to just do what the competition is doing " I think they will be focusing more on the commercial end of things. There are Youtube videos out in the last week about DJI has pretty much done everything they can with their drones for now. Trying to one up something that works will be pretty hard to do.

That's how I feel also. DJI had to use the Inspire to handle a micro 4/3 set up and it can accommodate different lenses. Keeping in mind how much DJI has for the Inspire aside from the m4/3 setup, it'll be interesting to see what Autel comes up with.

I hope they don't go all commercial. I'm so tired of buying a drone and the Mfg. goes commercial and puts no effort or drops their consumer stuff...... I'm on my 3rd mfg. I'm not a DJI fan and looking to get an EVO in the next few weeks. Just sold my Typhoon-H (because they stopped and went PRO and it's $$). My Draganfly went commercial/military (draganfly.com)..... gone, My Stedidrone Flare (pictured in my profile picture) went commercial and then dropped quads to go VTOL (Altiuas.com)......gone. Arrgghhhh stop the insanity and keep both going.

I agree, the Kestrel has got to be what that quote references. I guess they’re following the money? I don’t think all the surviving drone makers will survive the more limited commercial market — even if more capable drones can provide more and more services at a lesser cost than traditional methods.

Kestrel is a unique product (if Autel can finally perfect it) that DJI can’t touch presently.
Efficiencies of true VTOL, 2 hr duration, pod-swapable payloads, 40-80mph. If you watched the College Football Finals, a U2 “Dragonlady” did a low flyby before the game — surprising, they’re really hard to fly at low altitudes. U2’s use the same pod concept — different missions use different swapable pods, which is why it’s still flying after 60 years...

They are going to be in some steep competition with the Kestrel. Steadidrone (Now Altiuas Home ) has their Transition and soon to be Reach, are already in production and are very similar (and expensive). I see the appeal to go this direction and starting with consumer drones to pay for the R&D for commercial, but I just hope they don't give up on the consumer stuff just to go after the commercial.

altitransition.jpg

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
They are going to be in some steep competition with the Kestrel. Steadidrone (Now Altiuas Home ) has their Transition and soon to be Reach, are already in production and are very similar (and expensive). I see the appeal to go this direction and starting with consumer drones to pay for the R&D for commercial, but I just hope they don't give up on the consumer stuff just to go after the commercial.

View attachment 3265
Interesting..... I don’t know how much these products will compete with Kestrel. Altius products have super-long duration (12hrs & 20hrs, compared to Kestrel’s 2 hrs). Both systems are no doubt pricey, but the Altius drones look to be in another league in both capability and therefore price?? I also noticed the Kestrel at CES 2019 looks a lot different than the one on the Autel website. Payload moved from the front to mid-fuselage, engines moved, it’s practically a different beast than the one showing in Autel’s video...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials