Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Case that fits with Propguards mounted

Brlowe

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a case that fits the X-Star when you have the Propguards mounted on it?
I found one for the Phantom 3 but I'm not sure how close the fit would be for the X-Star.

Any ideas?

Just the mounts. I'm not sure if I will even add the string.

I think if you are willing to do a little foram trimming, you should find that just about every case that allow the props to stay on will have enough room to trim out the area in the foam for the mounts. This is exactly what I've done for my Phantom.

I think if you are willing to do a little foram trimming, you should find that just about every case that allow the props to stay on will have enough room to trim out the area in the foam for the mounts. This is exactly what I've done for my Phantom.
For the Autel cases I have looked at that is not the case as the props have to be pointing 1 way and the other direction is too close to the side so the guards will not fit. How much trimming does it take to get a X-Star into a P3 case or does it not fit because it is taller?

If I remember tonight, I try and get a top down view of my Microraptor Pro case. (DON'T Buy it yet, as the current insert was not designed correctly. I should be getting a replacement insert this week.

P_20160816_173045_LL.jpg P_20160816_173133_LL.jpg

If I remember tonight, I try and get a top down view of my Microraptor Pro case. (DON'T Buy it yet, as the current insert was not designed correctly. I should be getting a replacement insert this week.

View attachment 8 View attachment 9
If you take that case and turn the props so they are sticking out the side of the case and then add a little for the guard you will see how much extra width you need.
Need something like this. Just to be clear I do not think this case will work...at least as is.
dji-phantom-drone-case-left-big.jpg

Oh ok so you ARE looking for a case that can fit the mounted guards. I think my terminology was flawed. I have guards for my P3S that are quick release so the mounts are not affixed to the guards so they can be easily removed.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d