Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

CAREFULL : EVO MISSION PLANNER

Currently Autel does not support moving missions from one device with explorer app to another, likewise, they do not support copying/moving a mission from device with explorer app to external device/drive/cloud device.

All you can do currently is locally clone and rename a mission which has affinity to the device/app that is done on. Although you will find a readable mission file, the actual mission is stored internally by Autel explorer.

Note that you can import a kml and create a new mission from that, however you will need to add pos, waypoint actions, adjust altitudes for agl etc.

Join the rest of us who have sent an email to [email protected] asking for the move/export/import mission from one app/device to another. The more their developers/prod mgmt hear about it hopefully something gets done. They know about it, now they need to hear more about it...
Have you actually been successful importing a kml file? I've tried it and when I tried to select/open it the explorer app just exits. If you have been successful in doing this, can you please tell me your process? Thanks in advance.

Have you actually been successful importing a kml file? I've tried it and when I tried to select/open it the explorer app just exits. If you have been successful in doing this, can you please tell me your process? Thanks in advance.
Yes, I have successfully imported a kml file created by Litchi.
Try this:

Copy a kml from litchi or elsewhere to some folder location on the app/device, for example \explorer\NewMission

Note, litchi can export a regular kml, and a kml for virtual litchi mode (VLM) with google earth pro (Do not use the KML for VLM).

From the explorer app, go into mission, select the icon with a box and arrow on far right.
Tap the gold/yellow outward arrow in the Select File pop up box, then again, then again, then again, now scroll down until you see the folder where you put the kml (e.g. explorer), then select subfolder (e.g. NewMission), then select the kml to import.

Now the explorer app will show you where you are by default vs. where the imported mission is located, so move to where ever that is. However it may not appear there yet, so close missions, and imported mission gets saved.

Now select the wpt mission that was just imported (and saved), explorer by default will show where you are at vs. where the mission is, so scroll or position to where the mission is at. Now zoom in to look at what you imported.

DO NOT FLY THE MISSION UNTIL YOU VERIFY WPT AND ALTITUDES!

You may need to adjust your altitudes as they may be off from what you specified when creating your KML, e.g. AGL, Above Ground, MSL, etc. Also your POIs will be mission, wpt actions etc.

Yes its a lot of steps and the interface/ui and process is at best a work in progress, however, hey, at least you get your waypoints (minus poi, actions etc)....

Good luck

Yes, I have successfully imported a kml file created by Litchi.
Try this:

Copy a kml from litchi or elsewhere to some folder location on the app/device, for example \explorer\NewMission

Note, litchi can export a regular kml, and a kml for virtual litchi mode (VLM) with google earth pro (Do not use the KML for VLM).

From the explorer app, go into mission, select the icon with a box and arrow on far right.
Tap the gold/yellow outward arrow in the Select File pop up box, then again, then again, then again, now scroll down until you see the folder where you put the kml (e.g. explorer), then select subfolder (e.g. NewMission), then select the kml to import.

Now the explorer app will show you where you are by default vs. where the imported mission is located, so move to where ever that is. However it may not appear there yet, so close missions, and imported mission gets saved.

Now select the wpt mission that was just imported (and saved), explorer by default will show where you are at vs. where the mission is, so scroll or position to where the mission is at. Now zoom in to look at what you imported.

DO NOT FLY THE MISSION UNTIL YOU VERIFY WPT AND ALTITUDES!

You may need to adjust your altitudes as they may be off from what you specified when creating your KML, e.g. AGL, Above Ground, MSL, etc. Also your POIs will be mission, wpt actions etc.

Yes its a lot of steps and the interface/ui and process is at best a work in progress, however, hey, at least you get your waypoints (minus poi, actions etc)....

Good luck
Thanks for the response, I'll give it a shot and report back my experience.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Twin Cities area, Northern Suburbs
Also, I didn't notice this previously, but why do you say NOT to use the the VLM one? I was using Dronelink to create my missions which exports a KMZ file you can fly/verify in Google Earth Pro (sounds like the same thing). I can't save a KML file directly, so I open the KMZ file in Google Earth then save as a KML file.

Also, I didn't notice this previously, but why do you say NOT to use the the VLM one? I was using Dronelink to create my missions which exports a KMZ file you can fly/verify in Google Earth Pro (sounds like the same thing). I can't save a KML file directly, so I open the KMZ file in Google Earth then save as a KML file.
You can use the VLM klm as the import, however see what you get on the import. It might not be what you were expecting vs. the non VLM klm import. Have found that the VLM KLM when imported had a bunch of strange waypoints, not what was expecting. Thus the warning.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials