Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Car hopping.

thats awsome...but i dont have to look down the barrel of a gun to see how fast a bullet comes out......lol..im glad you prove that the sensors work though...ha

Reactions: Bigbit
But the paint would come off very quickly...

We thank you for your service to "the cause"!

Just to be clear as to what this really means (and correct me if I am wrong): If you set a height and the XSP comes across a hill or object while flying the XSP will automatically adjust upward to avoid 'contact'... and then will drop down to original set height. If I am understanding this correctly, I would say this is as good or better than obstacle avoidance... of course assuming this works at higher speeds.
And also will track an object going up and down hills automatically.

Although this does work this is not what starpoint is designed for. Kenneth from Autel has posted this on the facebook page not to be using it for this reason. Go to fast and its game over.

Old Bama Dude and Agustine
Thanks for the quick replies and information. (I wonder how fast 'fast' is, to reach game over... but the warning is out there). I have not 'betad' myself but I sure look forward to the update. So much improvement.

I guess it's mainly for overall stability. I'm pretty sure I read that it helped when flying indoors where no GPS was available.

Nothing yet. Kenneth AR said in his last post last night on facebook it was ready to go and all that needed to be done was to have it uploaded to the server but I have been checking all day and nothing.

The only thing it addresses is the NFZ problems and a slightly slower landing speed by about 20%. I am guessing that is just auto landing that I never use anyways.

Facebook page not saying it ready but this does say V2.0.1, so is this it?

Welcome to Autel Robotics firmware beta program. This firmware package V2.0.1 contains following component updates:

COMPONENT VERSION
Camera V0.0.0.053
Flight Control V2.00.27
DSP V0.01.60
Repeater V1.01.50 (WiFi: V2.0.23)
Remote Controller V1.0.1.5
Battery V6.07
Optical Flow V0.6.8.0
Sonar V0.1.0.6

I noticed another thing about the sensors. When the drone is hovering, if you put you hand under the sensors and bring it closer to them the drone will rise to avoid your hand. That brings me to another question, are the obstacle avoidance sensors basically the same as these, or something different?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials