Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Car hopping.

Quick question. Are these sensors you installed or come standard with the drone that are just now getting activated with firmware updates.

Quick question. Are these sensors you installed or come standard with the drone that are just now getting activated with firmware updates.
That's the Starpoint positioning module, pictured below and for whatever reason it apparently never really did anything, which has always puzzled me. But anyway, with the FW update it now works and makes a big difference.

55-93276-bottom-1485766335.jpg

They are the sensors that comprise the "Starpoint" system - they sit in front of the gimbal mount and combine B&W down-looking camera and ultrasonic sensors.

Just have to have the latest beta firmware installed.

Thanks for the quick replies. I installed one of the beta updates yesterday. Will check what version it is when I get home.

Reviving an old discussion.

The first thing I noticed when I started flying that I did not like was the fact the Drone kept track of altitude rather than elevation. Hope I said that right..... Launch the drone to 50ft and then fly over land that's uphill from you and the drone will fly into the ground.

Are you guys saying that now the drone is "smart" enough to maintain it's 50ft height from the ground as it flies up the hillside??? If so, that's very useful for me!!!!!

I video a lot of moving AG equipment working in fields with varying terrain height. I learned early on to launch on high ground. I often am moving 10-15 mph 20ft off the ground. Easy to be concentrating on the camera view and lose track of the ground change.

I'll try to play with this in my fresh cut hayfield that's on a rolling hillside.

No this is not the case, the starpoint system is only good to I think 9 feet. After that it is GPS and will not adjust the height.

Yes, but only at much lower altitudes - a few to 10 or so feet off the ground. The further away from the ground you are, the less she "follows".

Just reread the manual and it is 300 CM or 9.8 feet.

The StarpointTM Positioning System is activated by default when the aircraft is turned on.
•The StarpointTM Positioning System works both in GPS and ATTI modes and is only valid when the aircraft is between 30cm and 300cm above the surface.

IMPORTANT
The performance of the StarpointTM Positioning System is affected by the brightness and texture of the surface over which the aircraft is flying. The ultrasonic sensors may not function accurately above sound-absorbing materials. Please try to avoid the following situations:
•Flying over a monochrome surface (e.g. pure black, white, or red) or a highly reflective surface (e.g. water, transparent surfaces).
•Flying over extremely dark or bright surfaces, or in an area where the lighting changes frequently.
•Flying over surfaces with unclear patterns or texture, or highly repeating patterns or texture (e.g. tiles with the same design).
•Flying over surfaces (e.g. thick carpet) that can absorb or deflect sound waves.
•Flying at a high speed: over 8m/s at a 2-meter height, or over 4m/s at a 1-meter height.
•Flying over moving surfaces or objects.

Reactions: AZ Autel
Thanks guys!!!

Dang it....... Wish it was twice that height.

I'd be afraid that at 15mph for example it might not react fast enough to avoid ground contact on anything more than the most gentle slope??

Reactions: intrepidusa

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller