Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't connect to Smart Controller

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9417

Bought a used Smart Controller V2 from Adorama. I have carefully followed the steps in the printed instructions and also the online Autel Flight Deck video, but I cannot get the SC to connect with my Autel EVO Pro II 6k. The wording my SC does not match the wording on the video instructions. I suspect that it may actually be a SC V1, but that is just a guess. Or it is something that I am doing wrong that I am not aware of Anyone else have a connection problem?

You have to install the firmware on the craft that is made for the smart controller. It may be the same version # but the firmware for the regular RC, which you probably already have installed, is not enough to get a connection with the SC.

Reactions: Rubik3x
Yep, version 2 it is. Thanks very much Dave Pitman :) Now I just have to figure out how to get the thing to bind (pair) with my Pro II 6K. Must be doing something wrong...

You have to install the firmware on the craft that is made for the smart controller. It may be the same version # but the firmware for the regular RC, which you probably already have installed, is not enough to get a connection with the SC.
Where do I find this firmware? Nearly as I can tell it doesn't pop up on my SC screen. I have been emailing Autel help and they have not replied.

Where do I fine the firmware? It apparently doesn't just pop up on my screen. I have been emailing Autel help and they have not replied.

Reactions: EBEPLS
I found the link on my desktop. How do I get it loaded on my Smart Controller V2?

I found the link on my desktop. How do I get it loaded on my Smart Controller V2?

You load the firmware onto the drone when connected to the Smart controller.
The Autel Explorer version should be appropriate for the craft firmware you are installing. He shows manually updating Autel Explorer first and then the craft firmware.

That apparently requires a WI-Fi connection, which I have here in the studio, but message says it cannot connect. I guess I just need to just keep trying to get some response from Autel :(

That apparently requires a WI-Fi connection, which I have here in the studio, but message says it cannot connect. I guess I just need to just keep trying to get some response from Autel :(
Remember there are 2 ways to install firmware. "Over the Air" (OTH) and the SD card method. With the SD card method, you only need internet to download the files. After that, you don't need internet to install the firmware. I thought you said you already had the files?

If you don't really understand how to do it, even after watching the video, maybe you better not try it.

Remember there are 2 ways to install firmware. "Over the Air" (OTH) and the SD card method. With the SD card method, you only need internet to download the files. After that, you don't need internet to install the firmware. I thought you said you already had the files?

If you don't really understand how to do it, even after watching the video, maybe you better not try it.

The video is pretty clear, but can't connect SC to Autel. I will try the SD card method. And yeah, I gotta get this done, otherwise the 1200K SC is a doorstop...

Reactions: EBEPLS
do not have the files mac cannot open a bin file. more of a tech issue,

The video is pretty clear, but can't connect SC to Autel. I will try the SD card method. And yeah, I gotta get this done, otherwise the 1200K SC is a doorstop...
Yeah, like, even if I can get the BIN files downloaded, I still cannot connect with the aircraft to load the files to both the SC and the aircraft. Who knows, if Autel ever stops using Covid as an excuse, I might actually get an email or phone reply :)

Yeah, like, even if I can get the BIN files downloaded, I still cannot connect with the aircraft to load the files to both the SC and the aircraft. Who knows, if Autel ever stops using Covid as an excuse, I might actually get an email or phone reply :)
The craft feeds the firmware to the Smart Controller. You don't load it on the Smart Controller directly.

You are no doubt smarter about this than me, but I thought that I had the V2 Autel drone, but it was in fact V1, with the *2* in the middle of the description, so it wasn't compatible. Apparently during the extreme chip shortage, Autel produced several variations of the V1 and I got one of those. Took me three months of trying to email Autel CS to figure this out.

Are you still having drone/smart controller issues? Do I understand correctly, you have an Evo 2 pro V2, ie the drone has V2 printed in large letter on top, and your SC is a V1, ie back panel is screwed on with silver coloured screws and air vent does not has red grill. If so would you like to swap a V2 SC for your V1 SC

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t