Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can you switch to ATTI mode on purpose?

Thats a pity :(. Would really welcome this. Lost nice deal because of this to DJI. 30 drones in one sale.

It's a deal for large training center. They justade a tender for 30 drones with this requirement as final practical national exam requires to fly in ATTI.

Ya I have seen a lot of european countries requiring this. Most guys just tape tin foil over the GPS and they are good to go fly in ATTI ;)

The capability is there in all GPS drones, we just have to figure out how to get to those settings...basically you are turning off the input from the GPS...Viola! ATTI mode to practice your flying skills. You really think you know how to fly good? Ok, try ATTI mode, turn the drone to face you and have at it, and fly without looking at your cheat screen...LOL! I find it super funny when FPV pilots can't even fly visually without their FPV screens. Everyone should know how to fly without the GPS on...you just never know.

Reactions: Nauty
The capability is there in all GPS drones, we just have to figure out how to get to those settings...basically you are turning off the input from the GPS...Viola! ATTI mode to practice your flying skills. You really think you know how to fly good? Ok, try ATTI mode, turn the drone to face you and have at it, and fly without looking at your cheat screen...LOL! I find it super funny when FPV pilots can't even fly visually without their FPV screens. Everyone should know how to fly without the GPS on...you just never know.
LOL
My Autel X-Star has ATTI mode. The first this it wants to do when it takes off is reverse itself and start chopping your legs off with the carbon fiber blades I have on it. :p

Reactions: Quad808
Everyone should know how to fly without the GPS on...you just never know.
The problem is they make it hard or impossible to get the drone into ATTI - i bet because a lot of folks crashed their birds while trying to figure it out. Bad thing is, that if your gps dies, you have to figure it our really fast ;-)

Reactions: Quad808
I've searched the manual and online info and haven't been able to find any way to go to to ATTI mode on my EVO Pro 2. I'd love to practice in that mode in case interference kills the GPS connection. Pity.

Seems the latest beta app got the indoor mode (same as ATTI I think), but I didn't try yet
The Autel Manual says EVO 2 can fly without GPS indoors (slow flashing yellow LEDs). But when GPS becomes available, it will be used (slow flashing green LEDs). I tested this in firmware 2.5.11. The Indoor Flight function disengaged itself as soon as the drone found adequate GPS signal. There is, at least in this firmware version, no locked-in ATTI mode.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials