Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Can you switch to ATTI mode on purpose?

NicodemPL

Reaction score
Thats a pity :(. Would really welcome this. Lost nice deal because of this to DJI. 30 drones in one sale.

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup and you just might end up with 30 DJI drones sitting on the ground because of DJI's dumbass nanny GEO fencing. You might get permission from your country to fly but DJI might stop you. Seen it many times here in Canada.

NicodemPL

Reaction score
It's a deal for large training center. They justade a tender for 30 drones with this requirement as final practical national exam requires to fly in ATTI.

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I have seen a lot of european countries requiring this. Most guys just tape tin foil over the GPS and they are good to go fly in ATTI ;)

Minglee617

Reaction score
Seems the latest beta app got the indoor mode (same as ATTI I think), but I didn't try yet

NicodemPL

Reaction score
seems like this. not sure however how to turn it on.

Quad808

Reaction score
The capability is there in all GPS drones, we just have to figure out how to get to those settings...basically you are turning off the input from the GPS...Viola! ATTI mode to practice your flying skills. You really think you know how to fly good? Ok, try ATTI mode, turn the drone to face you and have at it, and fly without looking at your cheat screen...LOL! I find it super funny when FPV pilots can't even fly visually without their FPV screens. Everyone should know how to fly without the GPS on...you just never know.

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
The capability is there in all GPS drones, we just have to figure out how to get to those settings...basically you are turning off the input from the GPS...Viola! ATTI mode to practice your flying skills. You really think you know how to fly good? Ok, try ATTI mode, turn the drone to face you and have at it, and fly without looking at your cheat screen...LOL! I find it super funny when FPV pilots can't even fly visually without their FPV screens. Everyone should know how to fly without the GPS on...you just never know.
LOL
My Autel X-Star has ATTI mode. The first this it wants to do when it takes off is reverse itself and start chopping your legs off with the carbon fiber blades I have on it. :p

Reactions: Quad808

Micander

Reaction score
Everyone should know how to fly without the GPS on...you just never know.
The problem is they make it hard or impossible to get the drone into ATTI - i bet because a lot of folks crashed their birds while trying to figure it out. Bad thing is, that if your gps dies, you have to figure it our really fast ;-)

Reactions: Quad808

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffB2002