Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

can video be paused during flight without ending/starting new video?

Are you trying to do on the spot edits? I don't know for sure if there is a pause function but you will have multiple clips as every 5-6 minutes this system gives you a separate clip anyway, there is no actual pause between the clips no dropped frames, but it will split your recording into clips

Last edited:
Speaking of which, even though I am doing continuous recording, when I go access the files they are not one large file, but two or more smaller ones. Is this normal?

alekaras, for me the footage is automatically split into 3.6GB chunks which equates to approx 4m40s each.

What are you trying to achieve? You can effectively pause the video simply by turning the record button off and on again.

If you want to include a visible pause in your final output, the easiest way to do that is to split the video where you want the pause (use the Clip command in Quicktime Player if you have it). Then export a still frame of the "pause" view and open it in Photoshop's Motion timeline. Drag the timeline to the required duration and render out of Photoshop in the required format and frame rate. This clip can then be dropped onto your Quicktime Player window at the point where you previously split your footage.

Plenty of other ways in other editing apps.

alekaras, for me the footage is automatically split into 3.6GB chunks which equates to approx 4m40s each.

What are you trying to achieve? You can effectively pause the video simply by turning the record button off and on again.

If you want to include a visible pause in your final output, the easiest way to do that is to split the video where you want the pause (use the Clip command in Quicktime Player if you have it). Then export a still frame of the "pause" view and open it in Photoshop's Motion timeline. Drag the timeline to the required duration and render out of Photoshop in the required format and frame rate. This clip can then be dropped onto your Quicktime Player window at the point where you previously split your footage.

Plenty of other ways in other editing apps.
I don't want to pause the video, I was just curious if the automatic splitting of the video was normal. Apparently it is.

I don't remember the exact length of the clips, DJI's are 8 minutes, but I thought the EVO's are closer to 5. Yes it is normal, I think it has to do with buffering capacity.

Pretty sure it has to do with the 4GB file size limit of the Fat32 format on the Micro SD Card.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy