Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Drift?

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Reaction score
So I have noticed some strange camera performance. Has anyone else noticed their camera gimbal drifting? This happens any time you adjust the tilt angle. It can take a minute or more to settle down. The video is the quad on, props not spinning but this occurs spinning, not spinning, in the air, on the ground.

Yep, mine is worse than yours and never stops. Autel claims its normal.

When I'm in flight i get the same thing when making any yaw movement, and it takes at least 8 to 10 seconds to stabilize enough to film or to take a picture.

It's very annoying.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

With all of these annoying issues, I may need to sell my XSP and invest in a P4 or TH.
On a lighter note...I dig your sound track! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Clint, I would do my homework before doing what you said mate. if your going to sell to buy the H get ready for a flyaway....its happening alot. firmware updates have caused major issues to the H. No quick fix either according to Yuneec. There are no drones available on the market that have NO issues. every one has problems. Been there, done that. I would rather have the yaw issue than watch a P4 fall from the sky due to cracks. I speak from expierence. Do your homework buddy and you will probably change your comments above after you know more.

Clint, I would do my homework before doing what you said mate. if your going to sell to buy the H get ready for a flyaway....its happening alot. firmware updates have caused major issues to the H. No quick fix either according to Yuneec. There are no drones available on the market that have NO issues. every one has problems. Been there, done that. I would rather have the yaw issue than watch a P4 fall from the sky due to cracks. I speak from expierence. Do your homework buddy and you will probably change your comments above after you know more.
Your P4 fell from the sky as a direct result of hull cracks? :eek:

This is what happens if the cracks are not noticed in time. The worst part is, once the motor tears away from the body while in flight, it starts to twine itself under the power of the rotation until it eventually tears the power cables apart causing them to short and damaging the circuit board. If your lucky enough to repair the damage your still in a situtation where the circuit board needs to be replaced completely OR you risk more major electrical issues later.

29334428973_bcd47d5e4d_c.jpg
29333898224_5592684bd3_c.jpg

Reactions: Glazier
Wow, It's amazing that you were able to recover that motor. Did Dji replace the AC for you?

Guys that particular P3 was not mine. But Mine did suffer a similar fate. I have lost 2 Phantoms to problems common to DJI. My point here was that all drones have issues. I had a P2 that was hovering with my gopro running when it suddenly dropped from the sky. Total power drain. Took it to the repairer as requested by DJi and was told pilot error, which is what I knew they would say. What they did not know was that I captured it all on my gopro (with sound) but did not show them the video at the time. So after they dumped me with no offers, I then took things further and thanks to my video, go a full refund including postage costs when purchased. Yuneec are on a good thing with the H BUT it has problems which seem to be getting worse with time. I am a member of the forum and love the H but cancelled the pre order when i found out the video quality was crap. Until they fix that Im not buying one. It then came down to the XSP, which is miles ahead even with the issues some of you have. Mine works perfectly (lucky maybe) the YAW is a pain but as I said before, I would rather have a yaw issue than what others have to deal with. The Phantoms have had the cracking isses for ages, well documented but people just keep buying it knowng it can happen to them...go figure.

Reactions: Glazier
That is P2 2312 motor by that design. That would make it several years old... Your personal issue was also on a P2, things have changed a bit since then. But I digress, we have strayed off the path here of camera drift.

So I have noticed some strange camera performance. Has anyone else noticed their camera gimbal drifting? This happens any time you adjust the tilt angle. It can take a minute or more to settle down. The video is the quad on, props not spinning but this occurs spinning, not spinning, in the air, on the ground.

Yeah, I did notice that. One time I had it sitting on the dinning room table just checking out the app and settings. Then I looked over at the drone and could'a swore the camera was moving. Stared at it for a little bit and it stopped. Thought I was seeing things. Haven't noticed it anymore ,but now you say that ,I'll keep an eye on it. Thankso_O

I can't agree more.

In an ideal world, every drone would work perfectly, right out of the box. Unfortunately, in the real world, sometimes drones have problems. When problems happen, it’s important to have someone to turn to for help. Not sure how is H's CS in comparison to DJI.

Reactions: Clint H
Thanks for the input.
I've had my XSP out several times now and have had absolutely no problems. A real pleasure to fly.
I'm sure I'll come across a bug or two, but it appears that Autel is very proactive with firmware updates.

Reactions: cokeaddict
Just wanted to say, I've been flying mine since the 26th of July. I have 4 batteries. 1 came with the bird, 1 was free from Autel, and I bought the other 2. I have 18 flights logged on each battery. At an average flight time of 20 minutes (estimated ) per fliight, that's 24 hrs in the air. With all that said, I've only had 1 issue which was my own fault. I was doing a way point mission when the dreaded composs interference in flight happened. I was flying in my neighborhood ,where I have flown before when the bird went spinning, shooting a crossed the sky (outa control). There were several warning from the app that I missed. I was to busy taking with the neighbors about the x star premium. I saw the warnings when I reviewed the screen capture video. I was able to save her with the pause, then rth buttons but it scared the **** outa me. So for me ,this bird is well worth the money. I've already ordered another one for backup. Quad copter only. Got a good price on it from B&H photo. It's on backorder but I can wait . This one is still flying like brand new.

Yeah, I did notice that. One time I had it sitting on the dinning room table just checking out the app and settings. Then I looked over at the drone and could'a swore the camera was moving. Stared at it for a little bit and it stopped. Thought I was seeing things. Haven't noticed it anymore ,but now you say that ,I'll keep an eye on it. Thankso_O

I think you found the "Explore Your Environment" feature :D

Camera drifts on the Phantom 3 also . . .

Hmmm. I had one with cracks.. DJI fixed...returned. Took 7 days total including the weekend. No camera drift on any of my P3's. I have a pumpkin ... must say I like them all. Typhoon different story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials