Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Dampers Lite +

Fire377

Reaction score
After a flight today when packing up, I noticed the gimbal was a bit unstable, noticed the rear damper had parted company one side only, not sure how this happened as I’m particularly careful with my drone, this was the lite plus. Anyway I used some cotton to wrap around the edge and pull it back through, quite an operation when your eyes are failing, finally had success, I’m not sure how this happened. Photo and video are okay so must occurred when landed, landing was normal.

Attachments

• IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    684.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    631.7 KB · Views: 44
Glad to hear you could be fixed. Keep us updated if it happens again.

I wonder if that poor design is causing the wandering camera during hyper lapse

The movement of the gimbal is caused by the software, it happens with the drone landed.

Put the drone on the table and start it, wait for the "gimbal sef testing" to end and watch the video feed, it never stops moving, that's the same thing that happens midflight. You can use the zoom while landed to appreciate it better. You can do the same test with any other drone and the camera will mantain in the same position.

That movement ruins long exposures, hyperlapse and video.

The E2P did it too in the very early days after its release and it was eventually fixed via firmware update. We should be do for an update soon I hope.

Yes! The Nano+ has had a few to correct its issues and nada for the Lite+ yet. We still need a histogram, the wig waggy gimbal corrected and the white balance some times shifts even when set manually, a flat profile and 10bit would make this thing primo in my book.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller