Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Bought a used X Star Premium

Daaska11

Reaction score
My X Str says its bound to someone elses account does this matter and is there a way to put it under my name some way?

From what I remember you have to have the old owner request that his account be closed so you can register it with Autel. The best thing to do is email support or call them and let them walk you through the procedure.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Is there any point in registering it since there will be no warranty?

In a worse case scenario, I would think the seller would want his connection to the XStar terminated - more than the new owner. If I sold mine to someone who then did something stupid with it, the serial number(s) would link back to me.

Here in Canada come June 1st each UAV needs a registration number. You register the UAV and not yourself like in the US. So if you have a fly away, sell it or it gets stolen you have to let Trans Port Canada know so that number gets dropped. Unfortunately you cannot transfer numbers to a new UAV. Just a money grab from the government to pay for all this bull crap.

When I let a freind of mine fly my P4, I had him download the the go app, and set up his own account on his own phone. It basically just showed the drone he was flying, but that he was flying it.

Autel customer service changed the registration to me as new owner with no questions asked.

Glad to hear. If not, I would be reluctant about buying a used one.

Glad to hear. If not, I would be reluctant about buying a used one.
I never buy used drones. I rather buy a refurbished one from Autel or DJI directly from them. I least you have some warranty in place if something malfunctioned.

I never buy used drones. I rather buy a refurbished one from Autel or DJI directly from them. I least you have some warranty in place if something malfunctioned.

I have an XSP that I bought new, but now I'm looking at a used one just for parts.

I whave one just for parts everything works great except the Gimbal. I replaced the wire on top of camera and now it connects and shows image . so camera work great and it flies great just no gimbal and I dont want to repair

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials