Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BOTTOM LANDING LIGHTS.

Edward Newman

Reaction score
The EVO2 is firmware updated current, still have no luck getting bottom landing lights to flash.
I leave the program selection on auto, they have never lit even in a low light landing. Anyone??

I've never tried to get them to flash, but I know when I land at night, they turn on about 10 feet or so off the ground. (Freaked me out the first time as I didn't know about them)

Reactions: DadCorso80
When it set them to flash (in daylight), they come on and do not flash. I've tried it sitting on a table and around 10ft hovering outside. Maybe there's an altitude where it comes on vs will flash?

Update: It is indeed altitude dependent. Below about 10ft, the light will stay ON. Above about 10ft, the flash works. And holy cow does it work. I was doing some night work last night and it is an impressive light show. I wish you could configure it to flash automatically at night.

I'm probably going to put my firehouse drone LED strobes on it anyway and leave the autel light off.

Update: It is indeed altitude dependent. Below about 10ft, the light will stay ON. Above about 10ft, the flash works. And holy cow does it work. I was doing some night work last night and it is an impressive light show. I wish you could configure it to flash automatically at night.

I'm probably going to put my firehouse drone LED strobes on it anyway and leave the autel light off.

You aren't kidding. Now if they could make on/off and strobe controllable by the A & B buttons I could play mind games with my neighbors.

Mine flash ok with the bottom light and the Firehouse Arc V at night its very visible.

Attachments

• 20200627_161830-removebg.png
    20200627_161830-removebg.png
    4 MB · Views: 16
Mine flash ok with the bottom light and the Firehouse Arc V at night its very visible.
I tried to purchase the V from Firehouse and they directed me to their distributor here in Perth. Went into their shop today and they told me they're not released in Australia for another month or 6 weeks, is that BS?

The Firehouse Arc V light is released they have not ordered them in yet, its not on th Firehouse Side its on the shop ordering them in stock..

The Firehouse Arc V light is released they have not ordered them in yet, its not on th Firehouse Side its on the shop ordering them in stock..
Sounds like they're lazy Scott. Are you pleased with yours? Is it worth the extra dollars?

Yes it fits my needs perfectly and blindingly bright. Made the inititial mistake of buying a cheap one on amazon (it went back) a Ulanzi and tried a lume but that kepot turning on in my bad and was not the same light output.

Yes it fits my needs perfectly and blindingly bright. Made the inititial mistake of buying a cheap one on amazon (it went back) a Ulanzi and tried a lume but that kepot turning on in my bad and was not the same light output.
I opted for blue/red and nearly destroyed my retina

Flying at night, how can you see where you're going?what can you see anyway, I suppose if you've got infra-red....thought it was illegal to fly at night

Probably should go to the FAA site and refresh your understanding of the rules. It is not illegal to fly at night!

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
Probably should go to the FAA site and refresh your understanding of the rules. It is not illegal to fly at night!
Thanks Parkgt. Have just checked CASA and drones can fly at night under strict conditions and you hold the relevant UAV pilot's licence.

Reactions: parkgt
Not everyone lives in the USA where hobby users (non-commercial) can freely fly at night.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791