Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best Practices to Connect an Emlid Reach RS2 Base to an Autel Evo II Pro Enterprise RTK Drone

I seen you have the V3, they might not have put it on that one yet. Not sure,

I'm trying to connect my EVO II RTK to an Emlid RS2 but have not had any luck. No sim card, just looking to get local accuracy. Using Local NTRIP on the RS2. I'm following all of the directions to connect the drone, connecting over the RS2 hotspot, but when I try logging in to the custom network under the RTK settings with the credentials off the RS2 Local NTRIP settings I get an "Invalid Login or Account" error.

I don't have the smart controller, so I'm using the standard controller with my Android phone, connecting my phone's wifi to the RS2 hotspot. Is it possible that my phone is keeping it from connecting? Does the Autel RTK/Emlid RS2 workflow require the smart controller?

Is it possible that my phone is keeping it from connecting? Does the Autel RTK/Emlid RS2 workflow require the smart controller?
You don't need the SC.

The 2 critical factors are:
1. The phone needs to be connected to the RS2 either by connecting the phone to the RS2's hotspot, or connecting the RS2 to the phone's hotspot. If you are able to communicate with the RS2 using Emlid Flow (formerly ReachView 3) over the wifi link, then you are connected.
2. You have to make sure that the log-in credentials you use in Autel Explorer match the credentials indicated in Emlid Flow for Local NTRIP. Pay very close attention to the IP address becuase it can change from the last time you tried it. For example, "192.168.42.1" Look at the settings in Emlid Flow for Local NTRIP and make sure it is identical in Explorer each time.

You don't need the SC.

1. The phone needs to be connected to the RS2 either by connecting the phone to the RS2's hotspot, or connecting the RS2 to the phone's hotspot. If you are able to communicate with the RS2 using Emlid Flow (formerly ReachView 3) over the wifi link, then you are connected.
2. You have to make sure that the log-in credentials you use in Autel Explorer match the credentials indicated in Emlid Flow for Local NTRIP. Pay very close attention to the IP address becuase it can change from the last time you tried it. For example, "192.168.42.1" Look at the settings in Emlid Flow for Local NTRIP and make sure it is identical in Explorer each time.
...and everything is case sensitive.

You don't need the SC.

Yup. I did all of that exactly. I connected my phone to the RS2 hotspot and confirmed via Emlid Flow I was connected. I also quadruple checked my credentials and everything was spelled correctly and in the correct case. When I checked the status it said it was connected to satellites, but the custom network still says Invalid login or account, and the RTK Network Status still says connection failed.

Is it possible I need a firmware update or something?

Yup. I did all of that exactly. I connected my phone to the RS2 hotspot and confirmed via Emlid Flow I was connected. I also quadruple checked my credentials and everything was spelled correctly and in the correct case. When I checked the status it said it was connected to satellites, but the custom network still says Invalid login or account, and the RTK Network Status still says connection failed.

Is it possible I need a firmware update or something?
Sounds like you have it set up correctly. Can you grab screenshots in Flow of your Base Settings page, Base Output page, and Autel Explorer RTK credentials page.

Thank you so much for sharing! Really helped out setting up the V3 RTK for the first time this past week!

Thank you so much for sharing! Really helped out setting up the V3 RTK for the first time this past week!
I had to send mine back to Autel for testing. The vertical accuracy was off anywhere from .5 ft to 3 ft connected to my Emlid base or the correction network here in Texas. I just got a response from them today saying they are seeing the same thing with other v3 RTK drones. They are hopeful there will be a firmware update out soon to fix the issue. EVO 2 Pro 6K RTK V3 is what I have, was planning on using it for a backup to my M300 and for smaller sites.

@Dave Pitman Thanks for all the help with the issue I was seeing. Looks like it's a firmware thing from what Autel is telling me. Below is the response I got from them.

"I've spent the last couple of days working on this with our engineering team. We've found that we get the same results from other V3 drones as yours, we've reported this bug to the appropriate team. Hopefully there will be a firmware update out soon, for now however we will be shipping your unit back as we currently do not have a resolution from a hardware standpoint."

Reactions: elphtrooper
@Dave Pitman Thanks for all the help with the issue I was seeing. Looks like it's a firmware thing from what Autel is telling me. Below is the response I got from them.

"I've spent the last couple of days working on this with our engineering team. We've found that we get the same results from other V3 drones as yours, we've reported this bug to the appropriate team. Hopefully there will be a firmware update out soon, for now however we will be shipping your unit back as we currently do not have a resolution from a hardware standpoint."
That is crazy that they can screw that up from one version to the next. Hopefully they will address it quickly. Thanks for reporting the issue, Joe !

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg