Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best Practices to Connect an Emlid Reach RS2 Base to an Autel Evo II Pro Enterprise RTK Drone

I was just going to comment that I'm not sure if Reachview can have simultaneous connections to an NTRIP service and broadcast to Emlid Caster at the same time. I would guess no. But it seems to be working that way for you? I've posted that question over on the Emlid forum to see what they say and I'll relay what they say. Probably on Monday.
All that testing we have done with my data I posted, was done in the manner I just described

Reactions: Dave Pitman
Understand. And the Evo is getting a FIX so something is working. There is no documentation about that on the RS2 / Reachview that I can find.
I think either way will work, but changing to manual will ensure your project

offtopic, but wish me luck, got a 1000-acre project to fly tomorrow. accuracy is not important and part of the map is on side of a mountain. 400 ft AGL and terrain follow, I choose to use the P4P
Due to DD having Terrian follow.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-14 145341.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-14 145341.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Dave Pitman
@jmason702 Hope the big mission went well!

I heard back from Emlid. They confirmed that the RS2 can receive NTRIP corrections from a service and then broadcast corrections based upon the stored coordinate. So, all good with what you are doing! They did say it is probably preferable to make note of the coordinate and enter it into the Manual setting and turn off the inbound corrections as that will eliminate a potential fail point should there be an interruption in that stream. It sounds like Emlid is working on making the copy/paste of that coordinate easier in the future.

We are all a little more knowledgeable!

@jmason702 Hope the big mission went well!

I heard back from Emlid. They confirmed that the RS2 can receive NTRIP corrections from a service and then broadcast corrections based upon the stored coordinate. So, all good with what you are doing! They did say it is probably preferable to make note of the coordinate and enter it into the Manual setting and turn off the inbound corrections as that will eliminate a potential fail point should there be an interruption in that stream. It sounds like Emlid is working on making the copy/paste of that coordinate easier in the future.

We are all a little more knowledgeable!
10-4, a copy and past would be awesome. Mission was tuff, severe terrain. But got it done. I'll post it up later

10-4, a copy and past would be awesome. Mission was tuff, severe terrain. But got it done. I'll post it up later
Can't wait to see it. I've got two running right now that I hope certain areas turn out good. We'll see.

It was a long mission, 6hrs onsite, Terrian following over this type of terrain was grueling. Thought I was going to lose the drone a couple of times over... But turned out great, even the model did and I was not shooting it for a model

• Love
Reactions: elphtrooper

It was a long mission, 6hrs onsite, Terrian following over this type of terrain was grueling. Thought I was going to lose the drone a couple of times over... But turned out great, even the model did and I was not shooting it for a model
Yeah buddy TA will pucker you almost as much as your drone dropping twenty feet out of no where... :p I had a job on a ridge and every time it dove down the slope I got a little shot of adrenaline but it really screwed with my head when it did one of its turns over a steep slope. Talk about vertigo.

I love big terrain like this, good s*** yo.

Reactions: jmason702
Yeah!! when going over the huge pits the drone was flying down into the pits... CRAZY

Post it up when you get done processing, like to see what your doing
Their done but dinner time. I'll post later tonight. One was great and the other sucked but I only needed an ortho for it so no harm no foul. Basically it was because I was in a 100ft AGL grid cell...

Reactions: jmason702
Just got a CoA for 200' in a 0' cell. Pretty happy and a little surprised TBH.
What class? I've only flown in zero 3 times in 7 years and the Class D's were worse than the C just due to unpredictable pilots. Didn't have time for the COA so just did what was necessary and got the heck out.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58