Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best EXP Setting for a smooth flight.

Tom skerke

Reaction score
Hi guys .Can someone here post the best setting for the evo2 pro to get better stick control in stead of the factory default fast jerky movement. What numbers to input into the 3 setting In the EXP .so I can fly smoothly. Also which number for smooth gimble movement’s .So I can shoot like a pro lol.thanks for any positive info in advance .ALSO these other settings the pics are both factory please advise me school me please

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
There is no "best" settings. Each individual will have to decide based on their skill, and what they are trying to do during a flight. Setting the values lower will smooth things out.

Since you need practice, Start with one setting and adjust it all the way down and all the way up and see the difference. Then decide where between those two extremes where you like it. Move on to the next and so forth.

Others will probably post what they use. That doesn't mean they are the best settings for you.

Reactions: Wilkz and Andrzej
Yeah but where’s the segging for slow down point for each setting

Yeah but where’s the segging for slow down point for each setting
Only some of the settings result in somehing actually slowing down. Others (EXP) result in the sticks being less sensitive to the initial push, but pushed all the way over result in full speed movement.

Trying different values will explain a lot more to you than anything someone can write on here. Experiment!

Reactions: charmin
what is the mid rannge starting range settings for each that will give me a starting point

I would like to know the same thing. Coming from another brand (DJI), the control of the Evo II is HELLA jerky almost to the point of looking ridiculous in flight. I have been trying to adjust the EXP & Sensitivity settings and can't find any happy medium at all. Either way to jerky and abrupt start/stops or very slowwwww response. And combining stick movements such as smooth banked turns or ascending in altitude while flying forward is near impossible. With the exception of my Mavic Mini, all my DJI drones have smooth graceful stick response. I have been piloting drones for 10 years, but flying my new Evo 2 makes me look like a beginner rookie.... or I'm "flying under the influence"!! Quite embarrasing actually. I hope Autel adds more and better fine-tuning adjustments in their next FW updates.

I would like to know the same thing. Coming from another brand (DJI), the control of the Evo II is HELLA jerky almost to the point of looking ridiculous in flight. I have been trying to adjust the EXP & Sensitivity settings and can't find any happy medium at all. Either way to jerky and abrupt start/stops or very slowwwww response. And combining stick movements such as smooth banked turns or ascending in altitude while flying forward is near impossible. With the exception of my Mavic Mini, all my DJI drones have smooth graceful stick response. I have been piloting drones for 10 years, but flying my new Evo 2 makes me look like a beginner rookie.... or I'm "flying under the influence"!! Quite embarrasing actually. I hope Autel adds more and better fine-tuning adjustments in their next FW updates.
I agree, me too. I just flight a little higher up so it's not so obvious. for now until we get a fix, I'm focused on running missions where it's not so apparent.

what is the mid rannge starting range settings for each that will give me a starting point
Starting point for EXP i 0.50. Decrease it to get smoother movement. If you feel it's too sluggish, then increase. It's very subjective. For me the values below work well, but I'm not saying it will be ok for you. It's also a matter of some practice.

1599858798547.png
For gimbal, the lower value the slower and smoother pitch change you get. I usually keep it between 10 and 15.

One hint more: check Precision Flight and Dual Stability. You can always get to the spot with manual flight and before filming turn on one of intelligent flight modes.

I use .20, .10, .20...gimbal 8....decrease attitude to 80%. That gets me very close to the way my Mavic 2 flies, but like everything else in life, it’s all subjective.

I use .20, .10, .20...gimbal 8....decrease attitude to 80%. That gets me very close to the way my Mavic 2 flies, but like everything else in life, it’s all subjective.

Thanks for that....mine are all at .20. I can't go below .20, so I don't know how you got to .10.

One of the biggest remaining issues it that the expo settings can't make up for the lack of true ramping in pitch and yaw either into or out of a movement.

They should gracefully glide to a stop when releasing the stick or wheel. But they don't you get an abrupt stop to the motion. Autel left a lot of pro out of their Pro drone!

Make one wonder if they ever flew one of the better DJI craft? And if so how did they think they could compete with this so far less than fully baked bird.

Reactions: PingSpike
I have flown DJI craft, and own a Mini. It does fly smooth...more like a sports car. The Evo 2 is a different craft to be sure and while I don't like the abrupt movements I have found that (at least for me) it's a matter of getting used to the way the different crafts fly and react. I can't drive my Ford Excursion the same I drive my Dodge Viper.

If I am needing to do a smooth move for video, I use a different mode on the Evo, just as I would on my Mini. In the end, the Evo's more abrupt movements would bother me more if the footage wasn't smooth...but the footage looks great.

To call the Evo "so far less than fully baked" isn't fair, in my opinion.When I bought mine, I did homework on what was important to me. DJI'stech support has proven for me to be worthless..which played a part in my decision.

Reactions: mamanes and Andrzej
Thanks for that....mine are all at .20. I can't go below .20, so I don't know how you got to .10.
Yeah maybe so, I was going off the top of my head when I jotted down the settings I use. I also had an original EVO so I am used to the remote and settings for the most part. It has made the learning curve so much easier. I found with the EVO II that decreasing the attitude helped. If you’re looking to dampen the movements, Dual Stability Mode helps as someone up top had mentioned.

One of the biggest remaining issues it that the expo settings can't make up for the lack of true ramping in pitch and yaw either into or out of a movement.

They should gracefully glide to a stop when releasing the stick or wheel. But they don't you get an abrupt stop to the motion. Autel left a lot of pro out of their Pro drone!

Make one wonder if they ever flew one of the better DJI craft? And if so how did they think they could compete with this so far less than fully baked bird.
Movement stopping is fully configurable:
1599897944255.png
For ramping into pitch/yaw EXP is fully sufficient IMHO, I have no issues at all to start smooth acceleration from 0 to desired speed. Maybe it's a matter of some practice on the sticks.

To be honest: I can't belive that someone got used to DJI so much that everything else is not flyable now, it sounds like a kind of laziness. I was flying Mavic Pro and Air a lot and at the beginning I also had to spend some time to get most suitable settings and learning how to handle the sticks. I was also flying many DYI drones controlled by various FCs: NAZA, Pixhawk, KFC, Arducopter, STM, Gaui and never complained that some configuration and practicing is required before getting satisfactory results.

I have flown DJI craft, and own a Mini. It does fly smooth...more like a sports car. The Evo 2 is a different craft to be sure and while I don't like the abrupt movements I have found that (at least for me) it's a matter of getting used to the way the different crafts fly and react. I can't drive my Ford Excursion the same I drive my Dodge Viper.
Yes, comparing to cars is good example, I fully subscribe. If someone complains to drive various cars then one should order a taxi instead :cool:

Laziness has nothing to do with lack of refinement. What would you think of a new car without power steering and brakes.

Do you like position and altitude hold; how about RTH or precision landing? All features for laziness.

What a crock and more excusing Autel for their failure to finish putting the pro in their PRO.

Reactions: Jimmy5498
After several tryouts, I've reached my sweet spot of 0.3 on all EXP axes - and now am happy with smoothness and responsiveness - and also the latest 2.5.11 FW
Coming from DJI I really like the smoothness of E2P in Ludacris mode - a great way to cover ground and produce cinematic output - You can speed up x2 keeping it butter smooth ;)

Last edited:

I agree with that. I don't think the testers at Autel understand the smoothness of control, and that not everyone is a nimble-fingered professional.

Reactions: charmin and parkgt

If I am needing to do a smooth move for video, I use a different mode on the Evo, just as I would on my Mini. In the end, the Evo's more abrupt movements would bother me more if the footage wasn't smooth...but the footage looks great.

To call the Evo "so far less than fully baked" isn't fair, in my opinion.When I bought mine, I did homework on what was important to me. DJI'stech support has proven for me to be worthless..which played a part in my decision.
Yeah, I've been burned by DJI's tech support in the past to the point that they totally bricked my $2000 drone, then told me "too bad, you'll have to send it back to China, set up a pool of money for them to work on it, and if they decide they need more $ you can either pay it or they won't send you the drone back" Enough of a horrible experience that if I can find another option, I go with it.

Yes i agree with you , is very difficulty take a good movemets smootly , is most aggressive exemple when i reduce velocity the movement is not smootly . i think that the problem may be in the response of the esc or a bad setting of the same at the firmware level. Unfortunately the movements are too jerky and it has serious problems with the wind even of a live entity if it were not for the high quality of the camera, maybe I would have already sold it. I hope Autel can correct this issue.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson