Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Be careful of your surroundings.

Madhungarian

Reaction score
I went out flying again the other day and noticed that someone tried to take out my drone. Watch at 0:49 on the right side of the screen.

Hard to tell but maybe a homeless guy as it looked as if there might be a shelter there and he felt you were invading his space. ?

Hard to tell but maybe a homeless guy as it looked as if there might be a shelter there and he felt you were invading his space. ?
Could be, will avoid that area. Just shows that someone can be watching your drone even out in an area where you would think there would be nobody. I flew around that bush\tree before and did not see anything.

IDK if that was people camping for fun, or homeless people camped out. But I'm not surprised considering you were buzzing over them and low altitude and high speed. That's pretty rude and you can expect to have things thrown at you.

IDK if that was people camping for fun, or homeless people camped out. But I'm not surprised considering you were buzzing over them and low altitude and high speed. That's pretty rude and you can expect to have things thrown at you.
I had no idea they were there. I flew around that area a few days earlier and there was no one there.

In @Madhungarian defense he did say he fly's there a lot and I assume he has never seen people there before. When flying FPV drones you tend to Buzz around and make a lot of noise. Seems to me he took every precaution to not be near people. Being rude for flying a drone ....I don't think so. I find your comment rude so what do you think about that?

Reactions: Madhungarian
I probably would have thrown something at you too. It's annoying being buzzed by a drone at low altitude like what you were doing. You should be more respectful of other people's space.

I probably would have thrown something at you too. It's annoying being buzzed by a drone at low altitude like what you were doing. You should be more respectful of other people's space.
It may be annoying, but it's not your space. It belongs to the FAA, therefore he was in the right to fly there. It's not enforced, but trying to bring down a drone is the same as trying to bring down a plane according to the law.

Reactions: Madhungarian
I live in the houses that are on the edge of this field, I have been living here for 20 years, I have been flying in this area for 2 years, when you fly FPV, (not evo) you tend to fly at lower altitudes to really enjoy the sensation, I had no idea there was was people there, yet I really do not believe they are even allowed legally to be living there. Here you can see I flew two weeks before and there was nobody living in that area. Just watch at 2:30.

Sonny, I was flying drones for the US Army back before you were born and I know the FAA rules and laws. I'm just saying these little FPV drones flying low over areas where humans/close to is annoying. The general population don't like them and I certainly don't. We have had issues with people flying them in school yards behind our house, state and federal parks and it's not cool.

I'm glad you are having fun but please be respectful of others.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy