Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Storage

If you plan to store the battery, I would say the best way is to set the time until discharge to 1 day. Then fully charge the battery, disconnect it from the charger and let the auto discharge process take it to storage level. Don't put the battery back in the drone. I've experienced problems with the auto discharge while the battery is in the drone.

You'd be wasting half a cycle doing that, better off just short charging it to 50-60% and pulling the plug (or use an timing device for ~20-30mins). Then charge it up the rest of the way ~1hr before you're ready to fly. That way I keep all my LiPos at storage charge level until I need them. Those parallel chargers come in handy if you want to do more than one at a time.

Keeping them fully charged and relying on self-discharge just means you'll need to replace them sooner than later.

I see your point but it's easier for me and more accurate to use the self discharge. I don't use my batteries that often.

3.8v per cell is recommended storage charge, thats 90% of 4.2 per cell.
I have lipos in storage charge of 3.8 for over a year that I just pulled out and charged and flew on a homebuilt quad. Not one problem. Not saying you absolutely need to store at 3.8v or you will damage your batteries, but thats the recommended storage voltage.

3.8v per cell is recommended storage charge, thats 90% of 4.2 per cell.
I have lipos in storage charge of 3.8 for over a year that I just pulled out and charged and flew on a homebuilt quad. Not one problem. Not saying you absolutely need to store at 3.8v or you will damage your batteries, but thats the recommended storage voltage.

it would be 90% if the battery was usable down to 0 volts. Storage charge works out to be around 55 to 60%.
There is some magic about the 3.85 volts per cell. It works great and the voltage stays put for a long time. Higher or lower than that and the battery will self discharge a whole lot quicker.

This has been posted a few times but I will post it again. It was writen for the X-Stars battery but the information can be used for the EVO batteries also. It has Autels stamp of approval before Heath put this out to the public. Its a good read and a lot of good tips.

Reactions: MD Automation
it would be 90% if the battery was usable down to 0 volts. Storage charge works out to be around 55 to 60%.
There is some magic about the 3.85 volts per cell. It works great and the voltage stays put for a long time. Higher or lower than that and the battery will self discharge a whole lot quicker.
LOL! My math is horrible. Thanks for the correction!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo