Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Batteries

chbalzer

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Very new to all of this I had a buddy of mine gift me a X-Star with a couple batteries, unfortunately both of them wouldn't take a charge. I was able to jump start them with the advice from the great people on this form and 1 of them is fine the other decided he was going to balloon up a bit, still works but I'm not going to risk using it. Like everyone else I've been unable to source batteries, so my question has anyone tried to make their own? I would assume there are simply cells soldered together on the inside of the package, does anyone know the cell modeland quantity? This is the first drone I've even flown/owned and its a tone of fun already I'd hate to think that once my 1 battery dies I'm out of luck. Thanks Everyone!

Hey Everyone,

Very new to all of this I had a buddy of mine gift me a X-Star with a couple batteries, unfortunately both of them wouldn't take a charge. I was able to jump start them with the advice from the great people on this form and 1 of them is fine the other decided he was going to balloon up a bit, still works but I'm not going to risk using it. Like everyone else I've been unable to source batteries, so my question has anyone tried to make their own? I would assume there are simply cells soldered together on the inside of the package, does anyone know the cell modeland quantity? This is the first drone I've even flown/owned and its a tone of fun already I'd hate to think that once my 1 battery dies I'm out of luck. Thanks Everyone!
How did you jump start them? Do you have any photos or diagrams.

There is a process that members were using but all you do is put 12v to the battery terminals to force power into the dead battery. Make Sure The Polarity Is Correct! The thing about this is that the battery will not be dependable anymore. Once a lithium battery drops below 3v per cell, the battery looses some of its capacity and cell damage occurs. You may use it a while like that but keep an eye on each cell's voltage. The voltages get too far apart which causes the battery dump with no warning. One of my batteries dumps at 42%. At that point it drops to 7%. If I had been 300ft in the air at that time, My drone would have been toast most likely. Fortunately for me, I was 2ft over some soft thick grass in my front yard.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58