Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Base Station Recommendation

...watching this tread with interest.

I've used the Emlid Reach RS2 successfully. However, it has not proven to be reliable or repeatable.

Note that this is an Autel issue- the RS2 has proven to be very reliable and repeatable when used with Emlid, BirdsEyeView, North, and Seagull rovers.

Reactions: agrofactory
I am also using the Reach RS2 streaming corrections through the Emlid Caster service. So far it has been a reliable setup. To use the Emlid Caster, both the Reach RS2 and the Autel Smart Controller need a reliable internet connection.

has anyone tested the local ntrip option on the EMLID RS2? seem like it could potentially simplify things

has anyone tested the local ntrip option on the EMLID RS2? seem like it could potentially simplify things

It sure could simplify things! Unfortunately it doesn't currently work. Hopefully Autel will fix their interface so that it does.

It sure could simplify things! Unfortunately it doesn't currently work. Hopefully Autel will fix their interface so that it does.
it works great on my end? not sure what you mean?

NTRIP requires a internet connection? Am I missing something?
Yes. Emlid NTRIP Caster works over a cellular data connection. Always has. You've been successfully doing it all this time !
Have a look at the bold text:

To work with NTRIP, you need to connect your receivers to the Internet​

Emlid's newer product "Local NTRIP" does not use a cellular data connection. Rather it creates it's own LAN to transmit NTRIP connections while occupying a known point.

Reactions: yarrr
I know on Autels the Local NTRIP has not been working. On my Phantom 4 RTK it was not working also. When I tried to connect through Wifi from the Controller to the Emlid Reach RS2 it would not work. But it did start to work when I connected both the controller and Emlid Reach RS2 to a separate Hot Spot.

Can anyone confirm if this would possibly help with Autels?

I know on Autels the Local NTRIP has not been working. On my Phantom 4 RTK it was not working also. When I tried to connect through Wifi from the Controller to the Emlid Reach RS2 it would not work. But it did start to work when I connected both the controller and Emlid Reach RS2 to a separate Hot Spot.

Can anyone confirm if this would possibly help with Autels?
Yes, all connections need to be on the same network... and it will flow smoothly

RS2 working now with the new Firmware 29 beta 3
Confirmed that LOCAL NTRIP is working now on F29b3!

Ran several test flights today, with fix the entire time. Really great.

Unfortunately, I think the Reach RS2 is going to really suffer from not having a 4g modem internally.

I used to get a great and consistent connection on AT&T, without any problems. Today I spent over an hour trying to get connected, and it eventually fell back to T-Mobile 2g, with limited bars.

However, the good thing is now that LOCAL NTRIP is working, it's easy enough to hotspot the RS2 so that it can establish a base position (in my case from local CORS). Once that position is set, data is no longer needed as the Autel Smart Controller connects to the RS2 'hotspot' wifi.

Unfortunately, I think the Reach RS2 is going to really suffer from not having a 4g modem internally.

I used to get a great and consistent connection on AT&T, without any problems. Today I spent over an hour trying to get connected, and it eventually fell back to T-Mobile 2g, with limited bars.
Wow-
Looked into this further- I thought that 3g was going to be shut down "someday". It's on- AT&T is done, T-Mobile also as of today. This really hurts the Reach RS2 in the USA.

I got no issues when using my hotspot, my van is AT&T, and my hotspot is Verizon 2.5 G
The receiver requires a very small data link

Reactions: Dave Pitman
Wow-
Looked into this further- I thought that 3g was going to be shut down "someday". It's on- AT&T is done, T-Mobile also as of today. This really hurts the Reach RS2 in the USA.
I got no issues when using my hotspot, my van is AT&T, and my hotspot is Verizon 2.5 G
The receiver requires a very small data link

I also just use my phone's hot-spot and the modem in the RS2 is unsued. I guess if your workflow involves setting up a base connected to NTRIP via it's own SIM, and then you leave the base and move away from the area and need your phone, that could be an issue. Doesn't effect me though.

Reactions: jmason702
I also just use my phone's hot-spot and the modem in the RS2 is unsued. I guess if your workflow involves setting up a base connected to NTRIP via it's own SIM, and then you leave the base and move away from the area and need your phone, that could be an issue. Doesn't effect me though.
If you are using the phone hot-spot, how do you access ReachView via wifi? Doesn't that require a 3rd device?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo