Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Backpacks suggestion for Evo II

View attachment 7410View attachment 7411View attachment 7412View attachment 7413View attachment 7414View attachment 7415View attachment 7416

I was able to get everything in and have plenty of room to spare. The bottom part is where the Evo II & controller will go, the very top pouch is where the 2 spare batteries & Crystalsky will go, there is a zipper pouch for cables or what ever. The second pouch is for your wallet and keys. There is a side pocket for water. On the very bottom is a zipper pouch is where the water proof bag is stored. Well I hope this helps anyone on the fence. For me, it's perfect for the way I fly.

This is the Slingshot version of the Lowepro 250, correct?

@parkgt , I finally got my bundle today!!! I did a rough fit into the backpack I mentioned in my earlier post

Backpacks suggestion for Evo II.

It's with a Endurax ShellX bag. Seems to be very durable and I still have some spare space for lots of things. There's several configurable compartments with it, so you can set it up how you want it. Fits my Macbook Pro 16in, logbook, and landing pad nicely in the rear compartment also.

The last photo is of my current fitment. I like this fit better than my previous ones.

Attachments

• DJI_20200618_221555_836.JPG
    DJI_20200618_221555_836.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 61
  • DJI_20200618_221721_501.JPG
    DJI_20200618_221721_501.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
IMG_4112.JPG IMG_4113.JPG clik elite obscura.jpg
I found a better bag for my EVO II. This is Clik Elite Obscura. Unfortunately it's no longer sold, but they have similar models. Camera "chamber" at the bottom fits EVO II Pro snugly and with room to spare. It seems very secure in there. Inside pockets will fit remote and 2 batteries, but those are not ideal and not very stiff... Smaller section fits iPad Mini

Reactions: House Forasken
food for thought: many of the packs highlighted here look very nice. however, it can be
very challenging to determine if the pack fits you, individually. people have different torso
dimensions and a pack, loaded down, can really highlight the need to have good fitment.
this is most true if you are carrying the drone for a distance, e.g. hiking etc. a well designed,
padded hip belt is important along with adjustable shoulder straps, sternum strap to fit
*you*. go for a fitting if you can and toss in a few pounds of sandbags

Not a backpack, but still very useful. I use it for short missions:

20200621_182851.jpeg
On positive side: it's the smallest possible. just evo2 and remote in soft bag on the top. Does not attract much attention. Has pockets for cards, phone. Has rain cover hidden at the bottom. On negative: it's soft, very little protection against drops and hits. No place for second battery.

This is old Lowepro , don't know exact model.

Attachments

• 1592789011660.jpeg
    1592789011660.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
After much searching and watching and help from @skipper1 , I went with the Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250. It finally arrived yesterday, so here is a rough fitment.
I really like its small size, especially being a droneguard back pack. There is plenty of room for everything and it holds the drone very well! My configuration will probably change. I really like the large top pocket (4th photo) the EVO II will also fit in there, which is great. The top pocket can also be accessed through the zipper in the 2nd/3rd photo.
It has space for a laptop and tablet (I don't plan on using it for those, but i believe my landing pad will fit!)
I'll be putting it to the test this weekend.

20200625_182121.jpg20200626_041035.jpg20200626_041151.jpg20200625_182219.jpg20200625_182145.jpg20200625_182237.jpg

Amazon had an additional "coupon" when I purchased it, I picked it up for $102. I am mentioning this in case people are put off by the lowepro website price.

Here's their site, DroneGuard BP 250 it has some helpful photos of it's size. I forgot to mention it has a 2 year warranty which makes me feel warm and fuzzy especially throwing it on my back and taking it with me via 2 wheels.

Last edited:
Finally got my case from China. It was under $50 with shipping/tax...
Quality is ok, not the greatest but not terrible. Only issue I'm having is no space for 3rd battery. I think I will try to enlarge compartment for charger to fit battery, there's sufficient room around. I don't carry charger with me anyway...

Attachments

• IMG_4132.JPG
    IMG_4132.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4133.JPG
    IMG_4133.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4135.JPG
    IMG_4135.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: House Forasken
Finally got my case from China. It was under $50 with shipping/tax...
Quality is ok, not the greatest but not terrible. Only issue I'm having is no space for 3rd battery. I think I will try to enlarge compartment for charger to fit battery, there's sufficient room around. I don't carry charger with me anyway...
I was looking at that! I probably would have purchased it if it was a backpack! Stick the 3rd battery in your pocket, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Len
Went with the Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 for the Autel Evo 2 gear in the end.

Never bought Lowepro before but loads of people here love them so took the punt. Very well built bag with unlimited configuration options inside due to the Velcro dividers.

It also has a hardened front panel to provide a bit more protection from external dings

I've got the flying kit in the main compartment:

44C37607-53A3-4A56-B78D-4A95C0AE83F3.jpeg

The charger, battery hub, cables etc in the top section - with buckets of room still remaining, will easily get the CrystalSky charging hub and power supply in there as well:

0BE5E09D-D690-4CD2-AD9F-FA370579A5C5.jpeg

And the CrystakSky itself in the back pocket:

11CB7EFA-0799-4265-8060-72499A5D85DB.jpeg

Might move things around in the future, will see how it goes once I've used it out in the field a few times.

Decent bag though, very impressed so far ?

Thanks! I was going to look at the dimensions, but got distracted. I'll take a look at the 250!

I'm still not sure I want to be slinging around my EVO II in a soft case. I really wish there was a small hard shell case just for the drone.
I'm giving serious consideration to this bag

Reactions: PingSpike
Went with the Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 for the Autel Evo 2 gear in the end.

Never bought Lowepro before but loads of people here love them so took the punt. Very well built bag with unlimited configuration options inside due to the Velcro dividers.

It also has a hardened front panel to provide a bit more protection from external dings

I've got the flying kit in the main compartment:

View attachment 7564

The charger, battery hub, cables etc in the top section - with buckets of room still remaining, will easily get the CrystalSky charging hub and power supply in there as well:

View attachment 7565

And the CrystakSky itself in the back pocket:

View attachment 7563

Might move things around in the future, will see how it goes once I've used it out in the field a few times.

Decent bag though, very impressed so far ?

I should have read the rest of this thread before I replied to your other post, lol!

How do you like the droneguard 250? I took mine out this weekend and it was great! There's more than enough room.

Oh, this backpack isn't waterproof, so I purchased this Waterproof Cover for it. I haven't tested the cover, but it fits. This one only has one strap to secure it, there's another one which has two straps. I might grab that one too. Of course I went with EVO Orange, lol!

20200629_050907.jpg

That looks really good too! Let us know if you get it and what you think.

@DZNTS It's a great bag!! Plenty of room for EVO2 and a lot of other items. It has a waterproof bag with it also. Took it out this weekend for a hike. I posted earlier:

Backpacks suggestion for Evo II

Both the Endurax and LowePro can be ordered from Amazon with free returns. Order both, load them up with your stuff, wear them around the house for a while and return the one you like least.

So as a follow up, I received my EVO II yesterday and among other things, I wanted to see if the Lowepro BP 200 would fit everything. I am pleased to say the although it is snug, it does fit everything that I would need. I also have the hard case from the rugged bundle and that will be used for storage and long term transportation but for more flexible travel the 200 will work.View attachment 6948
Thank you for showing us how to pack. Now I have to try it out. Just received my rugged drone and all yesterday yeahhhh

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga