Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Automotive "SCAN" folder found on Smart controller V1

Seakins

Reaction score
Anyone else looked around on their SC and found this folder? In it were 70+ GB of automotive data and video's that must be installed on an Autel Auto scanner. I only noticed this as my storage showed over 70% of the 128GB used, and I only had a few photos and videos downloaded. After deleting the folder I now only am using 17% of the memory. Another folder is iFLYlME that has something to do with a Chinese phone app, and a factorytest folder containing a test log from Sept. of 2000.

I realize that parent company Autel is an automotive OBD scanner company, buy couldn't they clean up the installed software to include only those for the drone business?

Sorry, no photos as I deleted the folders prior to this post.

I am shocked--shocked, I tell you-- that a product leaked within a day of the DJI Air 2s launch that didn't even have FCC registration yet was rushed into existence from off-the-shelf OBD scanner parts in the midst of a worldwide pandemic and chip shortage

Anyone else looked around on their SC and found this folder? In it were 70+ GB of automotive data and video's that must be installed on an Autel Auto scanner. I only noticed this as my storage showed over 70% of the 128GB used, and I only had a few photos and videos downloaded. After deleting the folder I now only am using 17% of the memory. Another folder is iFLYlME that has something to do with a Chinese phone app, and a factory test folder containing a test log from Sept. of 2000.

I realize that parent company Autel is an automotive OBD scanner company, buy couldn't they clean up the installed software to include only those for the drone business?

Yes I did last night I found it poking around with CX File Explorer. I did an Analyze and it showed 2 files that were really large and all the files and folders you mentioned.
I looked around on the internet and at Autel diagnostic hardware and talked to friends that use Autel in the automotive business ant their hardware is nothing like ours.
I deleted everything and got back a lot of drive space. After deleting I launched the Explore app and lost a lot of the main login screen and video and buttons. So I uninstalled the app updates from the Android settings menu and when I went back to Explorer it wanted to do a update. I did the update and everything went back to normal. I'm not flying today to test it. We got 4 inches of snow and its to windy and cold.
I'm clueless why this hardware had that type of software on it. My box definitely says EVO 2 Smart controller.
I opened a Ticket with Autel Support Yesterday about the little problems the SC has and will ask them about it. They needed my Paid invoice to check if I can get warranty being bought thru ebay.

Update: 12/07/2021
Autel Support got back to me on the Automotive Folders and Files and said It IS OK to Delete Them. It won't cause any harm or affect to the controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeadSledGirl-AP
Anyone else looked around on their SC and found this folder? In it were 70+ GB of automotive data and video's that must be installed on an Autel Auto scanner. I only noticed this as my storage showed over 70% of the 128GB used, and I only had a few photos and videos downloaded. After deleting the folder I now only am using 17% of the memory. Another folder is iFLYlME that has something to do with a Chinese phone app, and a factorytest folder containing a test log from Sept. of 2000.

Yes, I seen that as well on my SC V1 several months ago right after the purchase. Was afraid to delete them, figured these somehow were related to function properly.

I am shocked--shocked, I tell you-- that a product leaked within a day of the DJI Air 2s launch that didn't even have FCC registration yet was rushed into existence from off-the-shelf OBD scanner parts in the midst of a worldwide pandemic and chip shortage

Don't be shocked, that FCC thing only applies to America :)

Except that it was rumored for over a year, let out of the bag with the "future controller" slot in the cases, and based almost entirely on the already existing Dragonfish controller.......which was based on the Kestrel controller that came before it. :)

Reactions: PingSpike
There is also Maxidas App..an automotive scanner app...This is stuff from Autel - not for Autel Robotics. Stranger still, the copy of the app was installed 3 days before it shipped to me..Either they use it to setup the hardware on the controller in some way or Alejandro was checking codes on his Toyota out in the parking lot in Bothell.

FYI it is nothing like the Dragonfish controller, except that it is black and rectangular, the hardware is completely different. Saying based entirely on thar controller is comparable to saying the Evo 2 is based almost entirely on the Evo. Which is true, in some sense, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: SARty
FYI it is nothing like the Dragonfish controller, except that it is black and rectangular, the hardware is completely different. Saying based entirely on thar controller is comparable to saying the Evo 2 is based almost entirely on the Evo. Which is true, in some sense, I suppose.

I get your point. Mine was that the current SC was an evolution of previous equipment (3rd gen) and was in development for quite a while - not something they whipped out on short notice as was implied.

Reactions: BlairAir
Ahh yes. Your point is valid. I don't think anything happens quickly in Autel development, sometimes to much frustration. Every once in a while, they slam one out of the park and make the wait worthwhile.

Reactions: SARty
After deleting this files video transmission is better and more smooth? I see that SC has poor performance with laggy video. No problem with YouTube, mp4 files, browser. All smooth even in 60fps, but in flight with Autel Explorer laggy. Did you notice this compared to the smartphone?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials