Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel X Premium Insurance

Reaction score
Would like to know if anybody has ever purchased this insurance through Amazon, and if so has anybody ever filed a claim. Would really like to know if this insurance worth it? Really would love to hear from anyone that has this insurance.

Reactions: Arbaxter
Never heard of it, could you provide a link to it?
Most home owners policies will cover it to a point. Sometimes you need add a rider for the drone. Depends on what you want and are doing with it? commercial use is a different story.

There is also another option you may not be aware of. I purchased insurance through State Farm. My cost in New York is $60 a year, no deductible. I already have all my vehicles, RV and house with them. Others reported it for less in other parts of the country. If you make a claim they pay the purchase cost to you.

I have seen the insurance on Amazon. I'm not sure if you can purchase it separately or not though. It looked to me like an add-on when you bought a drone. I do know that same company insures phones. We made a claim on a damaged phone and they paid that quickly.

If you fly under Part 107 the insurance is crazy expensive, to the tune of about $750/year. I had a Cessna 172 that I insured for about $900/year with way more coverage.

Reactions: Rawdog
If you fly under Part 107 the insurance is crazy expensive, to the tune of about $750/year. I had a Cessna 172 that I insured for about $900/year with way more coverage.

Seeing as this is what my buddies price list is for commercial work he would make that back in no time. He does this part time and makes a pretty good living off of it.

Standard Real Estate Package - 2 Photos ---------------------- $150.00
2- 12 MegaPixel photos, digital delivery

Gold Real Estate Package - 5 Photos ----------------------------- $250.00
5- 12 MegaPixel photos, digital delivery

Premium Real Estate Video Tour Package ---------------------- $400.00
***Recommended- YouTube video results appear high on search pages***
1-2 Min video propety tour published to YouTube or Vimeo
Also includes Gold Package's 5 - 12 MP photos

Elite Real Estate Vidoe Tour Package - 20 Photos ------------- $800.00
20 Photos and 2-3 minutes of professionally edited footage, subtitled or voice-over. Ideal for large estates and luxury properties!

Construction Progress Package - 5 Photos x 3 shoots ------$600.00
3 Separate trips at beginning, middle and end of project to 5 HQ pictures of each stage of construction.
Additional visits $175 each.

Reactions: brian bwin
Checkout the Verifly app. $10/hour on demand for most areas and you don't have to pay anything up front.

Would like to know if anybody has ever purchased this insurance through Amazon, and if so has anybody ever filed a claim. Would really like to know if this insurance worth it? Really would love to hear from anyone that has this insurance.

Has anyone looked into AMA model airplane insurance to protect against injury to others (persons or property)? They don't cover your equipement damage though!

AMA only pays out after your other insurances are done, its a secondary insurance. Most people don't read the fine print on the policy.
It does not cover you if you have a part 107 and you are on the job.

Attachments

• InsuranceSummaryMembers.pdf
    269.3 KB · Views: 2
Checkout the Verifly app. $10/hour on demand for most areas and you don't have to pay anything up front.

+1 for Verifly.

Originally Verifly didn't allow any operators to purchase policies close to any type of airport/helipad, making it essentially useless for Part 107 certified operators. Their latest updates have changed that - Part 107 operators can purchase coverage on demand for pretty much any location, and it now can be a really great option for drone liability coverage up to $2.5 mil. In my case, my business is part time, so paying as I go for insurance makes a lot more sense than paying for an $800-$900/year policy. If I start flying 80-100 jobs or more a year, maybe that will change, but for now, Verifly fills the need.

BTW, the insurance is underwritten by Global Aerospace, the same well established insurance underwriter that covers the corporate manned-aircraft I fly and manage for my day job. It's a good company, and good coverage.

Sample policy:

https://hf-files-oregon.s3.amazonaw...-045f-48b1-9139-9a4ce7477eda/SamplePolicy.pdf

Reactions: brian bwin
I can't help but wonder, since Verifly is a start up company, how can we be sure they have the assets to pay a $1M claim, should it arise? Notihing malicious in my question, I just want to know I'm really covered if anything happens.

After posting this, I read back a few posts and see that Verifly is underwritten by another company so I'd think the assets are there.

There is also another option you may not be aware of. I purchased insurance through State Farm. My cost in New York is $60 a year, no deductible. I already have all my vehicles, RV and house with them. Others reported it for less in other parts of the country. If you make a claim they pay the purchase cost to you.

Can you elaborate on this purchase? I also have my house and vehicles covered by State Farm, so I called my agent 3 weeks ago asking about a policy. After not hearing back for 2 weeks, I called again last week. They said "oh yeah; we gotta get this figured out...we'll call you back soon." An hour later, they called back and told me State Farm has NO "drone" based policies. At all. Anywhere. Made that very clear. They told me my homeowner's policy will cover the liability, but that since my deductible is higher than the cost of the drone, I'd be paying for the drone if it crashed and broke.

So I'm super curious what policy you got from them, what it's called, etc. so I can call them back and inform them. :)

Unless your state prevents them from covering it for some weird reason they are wrong. My guy told me it was a new decision to cover them.
I sent them a copy of the receipt and $60 and I got my policy in the mail a few days later.
They are covered under a 'personal articles policy' As you can see by my policy, they cover the cost of it with no deductible...

IMG_3980.jpg

Thanks; that's great info! I'll call my agent today and see what they say.

Just got off the phone. Yep, they offer a personal articles policy and they're writing up a quote for me now.

But that's for personal use; for business use there's another policy (inland / marine, or something like that?) that they're also quoting me; we'll see how that goes.

So that covers loss of the aircraft. I'm liking Verifly for liability, but I got to thinking about the 1/2 mile range. 2 thoughts: 1) flyaway. No coverage if the drone gets away from you and flys a mile away and lands in a field full of soccer kids and puts some in the hospital. 2) What if you're intent is to move along with the drone...say, you're using "follow me" on your dirt bike and you drive out of the original 1/2 mile radius. Guess I should ask them those questions and report back. :)

And, just got a reply from Verifly:

"Hi there. Fly aways are covered: https://support.verifly.com/kb/article/51-what-if-my-drone-has-a-flyaway-and-causes-damage-or-injury-outside-the-coverage-area

For follow me, you will need to either stay within the coverage are you defined or optionally, you could choose to purchase a second policy to extend your coverage. Right now, this can be done either when the first policy expires or if you don't want to wait, you could purchase a second policy before the first expires. Right now to do this you will need a second account. Log out of the first, log into the second and buy a second policy. In the future we will have a feature to buy another policy before the first ends."

So now we know! I suggested that they create a one-touch option to add a new policy from a new gps position.

As a followup (I thought I had, but nope!) I did purchase an "Inland/Marine" policy from State Farm. $50/year gets me $2500 worth of coverage. Not bad! It's nice to be covered.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials