Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Support Issues Continued.....

atortaloha

Reaction score
Have you had issues with lack of support from Autel? Or unable to reach anyone for days or even weeks? Then you finally do and get told all these promises and apologies? I just sent in my Enterprise 6K for the second time in the past month promised that they were going to swap out for something else since this does not seem to work with the standard remote and then I get a text saying it's on its way back to me again! Why wouldn't support keep their word or give a common courtesy email or phone call at least letting me know what they found or did? Just makes no sense wasting this much energy on any drone. They were not to send this back my way and just did without even notifying me. Really getting old wasting this much time on a drone that doesn't work ever. I know most of us have been there and is really not a fun feeling. No more Autel drones until they sort this lack of support and customer service out.

Reactions: kyokushinkai
It took Autel Customer Service 4 months to get back to me with a response to a question about paring a Smart Controller V2 with my Autel that I thought was a V2, but it was some other flavor of II or 2 or whatever, so that is the reason it would not bind. Would have been handy if I would have known much sooner.

Autel has dronenapped my EVO 1. Sent it in for a gimbal repair estimate in late April or early May. The estimate was around $360 and I asked what the likelyhood of being able to source batteries for another year. Never heard back. Several times I have tried to contact them to get my drone back. You call the number, seems like you are always in queue #2, hold forever only to leave a message and never hear back. WTF, this company supposedly had great customer service. I've never experienced it. They use to answer the phone but couldn't answer some basic questions.
I've moved on to a Mini 3 Pro and not looking back. Autel I want my f'ing drone back.

Have you had issues with lack of support from Autel? Or unable to reach anyone for days or even weeks? Then you finally do and get told all these promises and apologies? I just sent in my Enterprise 6K for the second time in the past month promised that they were going to swap out for something else since this does not seem to work with the standard remote and then I get a text saying it's on its way back to me again! Why wouldn't support keep their word or give a common courtesy email or phone call at least letting me know what they found or did? Just makes no sense wasting this much energy on any drone. They were not to send this back my way and just did without even notifying me. Really getting old wasting this much time on a drone that doesn't work ever. I know most of us have been there and is really not a fun feeling. No more Autel drones until they sort this lack of support and customer service out.

This is the exact reason Autel Robotics will never compete with DJI and other drone companies that actually have support and care about their customers. I sent a Nano back under their return policy which has taken forever just to get them to send the return label. I mailed the unit back the day I got the label, had proof of delivery and now hear nothing from them. Under "their own policy" a one day inspection and refund, NOTHING. Does you no good to send emails, support requests, or even try to call, Autel Robotics sucks at support and informing the customer. They may want you to think they are a USA company but the truth is they are a Chinese operation and act like one!

AUTEL SUPPORT SUCKS

I'd say there support sucks, however I was recently surprised. Sent my Evo 1 for a repair estimate after a crash. I got quoted $360 for a gimbal repair and decided against it because the batteries suck and would soon be a paper weight. The gimbal wasn't visibly damaged but would jerk up every few seconds like it was trying to auto calibrate. The calibrate option was greyed out in the menu as well. Took four months to get her back. When I got it back no more gimbal issues. I don't know if it was just a loose wire but it works now at no cost to me. I've moved on from Autel and got the Mini 3 Pro. No looking back.

I'd say there support sucks, however I was recently surprised. Sent my Evo 1 for a repair estimate after a crash. I got quoted $360 for a gimbal repair and decided against it because the batteries suck and would soon be a paper weight. The gimbal wasn't visibly damaged but would jerk up every few seconds like it was trying to auto calibrate. The calibrate option was greyed out in the menu as well. Took four months to get her back. When I got it back no more gimbal issues. I don't know if it was just a loose wire but it works now at no cost to me. I've moved on from Autel and got the Mini 3 Pro. No looking back.
Well sounds like you had some luck with them but so far nothing for me. I went to Autel only because of the NFZ with DJI products. Would buy a Mini 3 but the NFZ is a looser for me, just dont like a company enforcing the FAA rules when I am tasked with that myself. Happy for you and keep flying!

Same story. My video transmission range is for crap. I bought a AlienTech Duo 2, problem solved right? Not right. Command and control range doubled. Video range increased by 10%. Maybe. On a good day, with no sun spot activity, and rubber soles on my shoes, holding the Smart Controller over my head, while standing on the top step of a 16 foot stepladder, in my neighbors goldfish pond, facing NNW at 5:31am. 1st 2 Wednesdays in July.

The video signal gets so bad @500 meters I'm flying back usibg the map, yet the "Video Transmission Strength" indicator shows 5 bars. Autel looked and said "your disconnection was because you were near a tree."
a) I did not report, or experience any disconnection.
b) Near a tree... I am in North Carolina. We have trees here. -lots and lots of trees. ALL my other drones at 500 meters have perfect video. I replied with more detail. Autel had already shipped it back, BEFORE contacting me. What the living f.

I think I'm done. I put $4800 into Autel and it's not getting better. Keep an eye out for a good price on Evo 2 Pro Rugged Kit, extra batteries, Smart and standard controller in the marketplace or whatever it's called soon. Why Autel? You have outstanding hardware, yet it gets delivered with amateur software, firmware that breaks more than it fixes, and basic things that never get resolved 2 years into the product cycle.

For all drone customers, fast development creates many issues since ALL of us are "early adopters" to some degree. Still, there are better, less aggravating options than Autel.
Autel = Potential
Potential Unrealized.

I strongly suspect it is capitalization. I have no "inside info" - just the ability to observe. The way they always add support AFTER they sell a boatload of drones says a lot about the faith they put in their own products.

Unfortunately , all of you that have Autel drones are in for a tough ride if anything happens. In my experience, this is the worst company I have dealt with in my life. Period.

Sh it, and I was just about to pull the trigger on a new Evo II Enterprise v2..
But only because I am fed up with the way Dji are treating their loyal customers with the lack of waypoints etc on the M3, but I have not had any problems with their customer support... mmmm
By the way, Thanks for having me.

Last edited:
Greetings, I am still waiting for Autel to return both my EVO 2 Pro 6K back for faulty firmware that messed things up. I even payed Autel $220 and still don't have both my Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K back after months. One newer battery died pre maturely and had sent the B & H Invoice but no word from them.
Do you think I will Stab myself again with Autel ?
The DJI keeps offering newer better firmware without even asking.
The DJI Air 2 S is indeed a little " Beast "
The DJI Mavic 3 Classic indeed " Classic "

I wrote numerous messages to their CEO, Head Office in China
What a waste of my time ! !
Autel robbed me of $4000 of my retirement SS money, A Rip off ! !

• Wow
Reactions: GrimtheViking

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials