Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel sky app need a cellular connection?

Madhungarian

Reaction score
I want to use a tablet instead of my phone. Does the tablet need active cellular connection to work with the Autel sky app using lite plus? I know now that remote I'd is active and I imagine it works through the cellular connection right? So if there is no internet connection will it still work?

I want to use a tablet instead of my phone. Does the tablet need active cellular connection to work with the Autel sky app using lite plus? I know now that remote I'd is active and I imagine it works through the cellular connection right? So if there is no internet connection will it still work?
Yes! I use an iPad mini 4 exclusively with my lite+. It’s not a cellular-enabled model and I frequently fly in completely off-grid locations without WiFi or cellular service. I’ve never had a problem. The connection is between the controller and the iPad and is independent of cellular. Enjoy!

Reactions: Madhungarian
Yes! I use an iPad mini 4 exclusively with my lite+. It’s not a cellular-enabled model and I frequently fly in completely off-grid locations without WiFi or cellular service. I’ve never had a problem. The connection is between the controller and the iPad and is independent of cellular. Enjoy!
GREAT. Thank you!!

No, the Remote ID has nothing to do with cellular connection.
That data, if transmitted, if the Remote ID is not disabled, is sent by the aircraft inside the transmission protocol between the aircraft and the Remote Controller, so both of which can be located by a suitable reception system, but within certain limits also with a simple specific app installed into a smartphone/tablet.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan