Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

autel sdk and developers

Hello,
I would be interested in the SDK as well. I too have asked about it being available and was told it will be shortly.
I am not interested in having a toy either. The EVO holds position in relative space better than some of its more well
known competitors. (hours of tests vs the dji family) It is a viable platform for advanced surveying and photogrammetric applications.
I inquired about importing a .kml, .shp, or even .dxf files into the waypoints options so I could pre-program aerial mapping flights and was told this was not possible. It was a disappointing and uneducated response from autel. Maybe when the SDK is available, I could compensate you for doing this for me.

I hope they release it. They had promised to do the same with the XSP but it never happened.

It's not as if people can't make their own hardware with open components.
Autel just has made a nice piece of kit with low weight. Opening-up some or all of the platform presents a low-hanging fruit market opportunity.

The first, easiest step is to allow user-cached map data. There are plenty of open formats and data-sources available. In the worst case, just allow a simple .png background image to be loaded as map - we can generate and and rotate and scale it ourselves.

Reactions: Cyberjunkie
It's not as if people can't make their own hardware with open components.
Autel just has made a nice piece of kit with low weight. Opening-up some or all of the platform presents a low-hanging fruit market opportunity.

The first, easiest step is to allow user-cached map data. There are plenty of open formats and data-sources available. In the worst case, just allow a simple .png background image to be loaded as map - we can generate and and rotate and scale it ourselves.
Waypoints are saved as text files on android, maybe someone can figure the format and an export from say Google maps can be converted.

Are they in log file ? Or even better do you know which other directory they would be saved to. I figure if saved there you could figure a way to write your own and then just drop them in such directory

Reactions: Cyberjunkie
Are they in log file ? Or even better do you know which other directory they would be saved to. I figure if saved there you could figure a way to write your own and then just drop them in such directory
Look under storage/explorer/mission
File extension is ".waypoint"

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials